The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
vivienda del granjerocasa de labranza feminine(en España) alquería feminine(en Río de la Plata) casco de la estancia masculine(cider/cheese/loaf) (before noun) de fabricación artesanal(cider/cheese/loaf) (before noun) de granja
- In the countryside, cottages and farmhouses, alongside big houses and estates, have existed since the 18th century at least.
- Looking around at the top of this hill, all I could see were farms, farmhouses, trees, and normal houses.
- The affluent farmers, who owned farmhouses, grievously misused it.
- Old farmhouses where old farmers once wore two coats to breakfast are being done up and sold for a million.
- For many people it conjures up visions of log cabins, country farmhouses and Shaker style kitchens.
- The main house faced east towards the main gate with an aisled farmhouse to the north and a range of farm buildings to the south.
- We spend a couple of afternoons lazily drifting along the back roads, past clapperboard farmhouses, vineyards and corn-fields.
- Years ago it was the standard way of supplying water to houses and farmhouses.
- The next thing she knew, there was the sound of a car horn coming from the lane on which their farmhouse home stands.
- She returns to David, setting up a new home with him in a beautiful farmhouse outside Bakewell.
- She said the incident had taken place in a farm field opposite her house where there is a farmhouse and outbuildings.
- With the current problems in agriculture, many farmhouses are now being sold separately from the land.
- The outside room is planned both as a substitute garden and as the social centre of the farmhouse.
- They will eat in a dark kitchen in the farmhouse, sitting by the embers of last night's fire.
- With only £5,000 for repairs they struggled to meet the builders' quotation of £30,000 to transform two farmhouses into holiday cottages.
- Fashionable, little town houses lined the cobble stone streets, and large farmhouses dotted the towns outskirts.
- Rural dwellers have traditionally lived in whitewashed stone cottages and farmhouses.
- Darker woods are used to create a heritage effect in traditional farmhouses and cottages.
- Eddie and Maria live in an isolated farmhouse in the Norwegian countryside.
- One goes to stay with the other's family at a farmhouse out in the country.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!