Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The difference reflects the difference between an eschatology of kingdom transformation and hope versus an eschatology of inevitable deterioration and fatalism.
- Waiting for the inevitable dose of fatalism this analogy provides is somewhat predicable but thoroughly enjoyable.
- In the end, the novel's central characters embrace a blend of classical and Shakespearean fatalism mixed with existential solipsism.
- The lack of historical consciousness breeds skepticism and fatalism.
- While the book has hints of exasperation and annoyance, it does not descend into fatalism or inevitability, always seeking to expose the basis of creative pathways for forestry.
- Instead, it's a practical sort of fatalism that breeds a desire for death.
- At this stage there is a cultural or philosophical change from fatalism and determinism towards entrepreneurship and the taking of risks.
- More disturbing is the movie's sentimental fatalism about the inevitability of violence.
- People imbued with intensely tribal values often alternate between manic activism and depressed fatalism.
- The fatalism that goes with monism suits both her toughness and her optimism.
- This isn't exactly despair, or fatalism, or condemnation, or stoicism.
- Previous efforts to understand attitudes toward early detection have sometimes assigned a significant role to the specific concept of cancer fatalism and fatalism generally.
- The play is one of the most potent amalgams of the Bard's keen psychological observation, tragic fatalism, and bitingly intelligent verbal and conceptual humor.
- A strong belief in fatalism lends to the acceptance of social and economic inequality.
- The relationship between fatalism, spirituality, and health promoting behaviors in African American women must be further examined.
- Their fatalism, existential conflict and schizophrenia are very close to Greek tragedy.
- Free will rather than fatalism characterizes the operation of karma.
- But the waves of pure love always have their own logic, rationality and fatalism.
- If we are to circumvent the immobilizing effects of political fatalism and cynicism, the political imagination must find a basis for hope in the future.