Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The country's religious leaders are toying with the old Faustian bargain: risking a little cultural contamination in exchange for tourist lucre.
- The reporter graphically portrays what occurred as a "descent into hell" brought about by the Faustian tactics of the police.
- The evidence suggests that slaves were well aware of the 'Faustian' bargain involved in some release arrangements.
- A number of the stories are downers in which Faustian bargains of one kind or another produce predictable results.
- The racial hygienists made a Faustian pact with Nazism.
- In European literature there is even a Goethean myth of the Faustian artist who, surpassing compromise, sells his soul to the devil in return for absolute artistic power.
- His films have had gay sex tied fast to knotty Faustian bargains.
- He may have just turned 30, but his latest film displays a maturity and confidence that makes you ponder the terms of his Faustian deal.
- Has he struck a Faustian pact with the devil so he gets all the money in the world in exchange for his soul?
- You feel like you are still paying for that Faustian contract signed but long forgotten.