The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(terrifying)aterradorhe's rather fearsome — es de temer
- She has also been a fearsome opponent and a merciless landlord but it is all a game to her.
- For an inning or two, he could be a fearsome opponent, but he had his ups and downs.
- To frighten his enemies, he began to wear a fearsome mask when he went into battle.
- Highlights of the royal collection include the painted miniatures, costumes and fearsome weapons.
- Each account of him during such conversations adds more details, making him more fearsome.
- His fearsome set brought the curtain down on a fantastic final day, with some of the major highlights away from the main stage.
- In the meantime they are spending their days playing table tennis and pool and consuming fearsome quantities of beer.
- Only one man has the muscular good looks and personal courage to stand up to these fearsome freaks of nature.
- The name alone is enough to strike fearsome loathing in some and unmitigated adulation in others.
- This group of lawyers is as renowned for fearsome intellect as it is for hard-line conservative politics.
- The name's the same but the fearsome reputation has taken a battering.
- A small but fearsome array of tools was prepared, and the immediate area cleared.
- You didn't question this because they were so fearsome and merciless, and all they wanted to do was conquer and kill.
- Later that day, the fearsome fivesome was back in the car, heading towards Manitoba.
- Two-dozen youngsters, all under seven, turned up on Tuesday to revel in the fearsome delights.
- They did their work well and acquired the fearsome reputation of brutality and violence.
- He has climbed the fearsome Matterhorn and is quietly confident that the trip to France in July will end in success.
- As she has grown into an adolescent, she has developed a fearsome temper.
- Like you, we've had some fearsome arguments about colour schemes, carpets and curtains.
- I spent much of the time looking out of the window at the fearsome weather.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!