The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de espolón
1(protuberance) espolón masculino(joint) menudillo masculino(joint) tobillo masculino(hair) cerneja femenino
- Mirage, suffering a fracture to his cannon bone and fetlock joint, was euthanized.
- Ruffian suffered a compound fracture of both sesamoid bones in her right front ankle and a dislocated fetlock joint.
- Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf runner-up Spook Express suffered a compound dislocation of her left fetlock joint near the finish of the Matriarch Stakes at Hollywood Park on November 25 and had to be euthanized.
- ‘He broke the sesamoid bones in the fetlock, and horses can recover from that, although he would never have raced again,’ Freedman said.
- It was found that the six-year-old had severely damaged a hind fetlock and the horse ambulance was quickly on the scene to bind up the damaged leg.
- He initially was removed from stud service due to the condition in March 2003 and underwent fusion surgery on his fetlock that September.
- Trainer Carlos Laffon-Parias said that the four-year-old gray colt has had a fetlock problem that led to the decision to retire him.
- With anti-inflammatory drugs helping to treat the fetlock injury, Attraction performed admirably in her comeback race, the Hungerford on August 13 at Newbury, leading the way until fading to fourth late.
- It's a fetlock injury; a small flake has come off one of the sesamoid bones.
- Godolphin Racing retired Shamardal on the eve of his scheduled start in the Eclipse Stakes on July 2 at Sandown due to a fetlock injury.
- The injury occurred on the same day the Maktoum family's Godolphin Racing operation retired dual French classic winner Shamardal due to a fetlock injury.
- It will take a miracle to keep this horse's hooves from splitting and its fetlocks from fracturing, but if he can win a few bucks, what does Bourdelle care?
- The clay road churns red beneath her hooves, her fetlocks are stained as if we rode a berry-field.
- Mamool, a five-year-old son of In the Wings, raced in the Melbourne Cup last year but fractured his right hind fetlock and was eased.
- Longer hair around the fetlocks may well help to protect the heels from re-infection once cured, however, whilst treating Mud Fever it is advisable to keep the hair as short as possible.
- O'Connor has claimed that the substances which showed up in Waterford Crystal's A sample were administered to the horse on July 22 as part of treatment for a fetlock injury.
- Leaning as far as he could over the Friesian's neck, he snapped the whip around the white horse's left back fetlock.
- A progressive three-year-old last season before suffering a fractured fetlock at Goodwood, Court Masterpiece made a full recovery from that injury and made an encouraging return to action, back at Goodwood, last month.
- ‘Attraction seems OK, but she is on anti-inflammatories to treat her fetlock and it is something we have to keep an eye on,’ says Johnston.
- After an unlucky run at Beverley he was placed in good heats at Doncaster and Ascot before being sidelined with a chipped bone in his fetlock.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!