The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
nounplural field mice
1(in Europe)ratón silvestre masculineratón de campo masculine
- Rodents, voles, field mice, and meadow mice feed readily on young vines, and can cause severe damage and kill vines, especially in young plantings which provide a favourable habitat.
- Mr Satinet also explained how the traps worked and gave the children lots of information about small mammals including shrews, water voles and field mice.
- Animals co-habiting in the woods include field mice, grey squirrels, hedgehogs and three roe deer.
- There, in addition to star-nosed moles, he inevitably encounters shrews, voles, weasels, field mice, and the occasional snapping turtle.
- Investigators are coming closer to answering this question by studying voles, small rodents commonly known as field mice.
- No it ain't a common barn owl - it's a great horned owl, which can grow to massive proportions depending upon the local supply of rats, field mice and rabbits.
- I've tried to tell them that the mouse I found was a field mouse.
- The cast is small, with most of the running time spent on the four leads, with some moments devoted to the field mice, weasels and other minor characters.
- Other survival courses teach you how to identify 73 edible plants and snare a field mouse or a moose, but get real!
- I suspect it was a field mouse lost on an urban mission, rather than some rodent-like creature intent on taking over.
- If your bin is full and you put it outside it attracts cats and dogs and possibly even field mice.
- Aphids, whiteflies, hornworms, and even field mice are more visible and more easily controlled when you don't have to battle them in a tangle of ground-hugging vines.
- Far along in the distance one could see the cows frolicking in the fields, the birds soaring past the trees, and the cats taunting the field mice.
- He is like Darwin deducing why there is more red clover where old maids live: they keep cats that catch the field mice that eat the clover.
- The unborn are just as aware and have just as much of a right to life as do the field mice that get swept up in harvesting combines.
- If you are concerned about field mice being hurt when corn is harvested, then don't eat meat.
- Cats like to play with the field mouse, or bird, or uh rabbit they've cornered and crippled, ever notice that?
- Concerns also surfaced that feral colonies could develop that would feed on, and eventually wipe out, whole populations of field mice, rabbits, birds, and snakes, thus altering the ecosystem.
- Flame crashed into tree trunks, burning moss and driving away moles and field mice.
- A field mouse wasn't much of a dinner, but it would do for the day.
2(in US)campañol masculine
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!