The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- The action plan for emergency calling hopes to get agreement from all agencies on eCall standards and specifications by the end of this year, carry out full scale field tests next year and introduce eCalling in all new vehicles from 2009.
- Still, look on the bright side for the GM companies: a huge field test of the product on human specimens conducted at no expense.
- Compared with laboratory tests, field tests are usually larger, more costly, and more difficult to control and analyze.
- Based on these field tests and on laboratory tests of engine efficiency, the University has developed the Nebraska Pumping Plant Performance Criteria, also known as the NPPPC or NPC.
- The space agency, in partnership with the Canadian Space Agency, is planning its most ambitious set of biomedical field tests in an extreme environment.
- Some types of bacteria living in seafloor mud can generate enough electricity to power small electronic devices, field tests have shown.
- The field test was carried out in the urban areas of Pondicherry, India from December 1999 to February 2000.
- The purpose of this article is to review field tests of aerobic capacity, including walk tests, step tests, and shuttle tests, for use in the pediatric and geriatric populations.
- Summer 2001 marks the beginning of the first wide-scale field tests that will compare chemical power to biological strategies for controlling Fusarium head blight, the disease also called scab.
- Items must survive reviews by test specialists, editorial reviews, fairness reviews, small-scale pilot tests, and full-scale national field tests.
- Reactions from earlier field tests and review committees led to the following changes in this 1976 draft.
- However, because of the cost to perform field tests on full-size piles or piers, these tests are not performed routinely.
- Levine also directed a three-year field test of the standards at 20 pilot test schools across the country.
- However, what this episode highlights is a basic truth about the Army procurement system: that the battle labs and field tests of Army equipment until now have been woefully inadequate when compared to the crucible of combat.
- Full field tests of the system will take place in 2006, as agreed by the EU and members of the European Automobile Manufacturers Association, before the device is fitted as standard in 2009.
- Even the Defense Department, on the defensive, strained not to appear alarmist, saying confirmation was needed for the field tests.
- After field tests resulted in a negative finding, one shell was sent to the National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory for a final confirmation.
- Experiments involved aerial spraying, gas chambers, and field tests that required soldiers to crawl across ground soaked with mustard gas or stand in chemical clouds.
- Alternatively, I could just use my preferred brand of after-shave, which, in field tests lasting several years, shows exactly the same effect.
- For some major food crops, i.e. corn, soybeans and rice, considerable studies have been conducted, but field tests are still needed.
1probar sobre el terreno
- It is also true that the military-industrial-media complex needs a good little war periodically to keep its production going and to field-test new weaponry.
- James said that many of these devices are currently being field-tested in urban environments, and some will be routinely used within 1 or 2 years.
- We've been field-testing prototypes of Winchester's new slug for the last eight months including hunting wild boar on the Tejon Ranch north of Los Angeles.
- To that end, we've field-tested the best gadgets in each category and reviewed them on the pages that follow.
- A pox on all gear designers who've never field-tested their abysmal creations.
- Like all of our products, it's field-tested on job sites to ensure function, durability and comfort.
- Instead, Goodling charged, department officials have been lax in field-testing its forms to catch potential problems before the agency distributes them to the public.
- The nest was found while field-testing geographic information systems equipment as a method to locate these birds.
- We were particularly interested in field-testing the Freedom Quilt FunPack with parents and students in an urban elementary school.
- But now the NYPD is field-testing new tactics and tools to use against us all.
- The company says it has almost finished field-testing its mesh technology at a rural site in the UK, and is moving on to set up urban microsites.
- So you know they're rigorously field-tested and proven to perform.
- Materials were next field-tested during a 2-wk trial run at the University of Toronto, and they were revised a second time by the second author.
- That's the mantra behind the U.S. Marine Corps' quest for the new digitally dappled camouflage uniforms being field-tested by Marines in Okinawa, Japan, and two bases in California.
- The concept originated in Iowa and was field-tested on Iowa Department of Transportation projects in 1997.
- Fratantoni and his colleagues field-tested this propulsion system about 2 weeks ago in an ocean basin in the Bahamas that's more than 2 km deep.
- Having been successfully field-tested in the two oldest ‘democracies,’ the neoliberal project moved onto the global stage.
- Middle-school and high-school modules will be field-tested in the classrooms of award-winning science teachers across the country.
- Transgenic trees are being field-tested in 17 countries, including Australia, France, Chile, and Indonesia.
- We have a comprehensive system that has been field-tested for reliability and which does not bend to the transient whims of society or the changing winds of fashion.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!