The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Colombians participate enthusiastically in the many secular and religious fiestas around the country.
- The remaining cash is further divided among communities, purchasing public works, sports facilities, community fiestas and religious services.
- The principal form of entertainment in the Andes is the regular festivals or fiestas that exist to mark the agricultural or religious calendar.
- In the sierra, and especially in villages, Ecuadoran Catholic practice centers around fiestas honoring the various saints' days of the Christian year.
- We need not wait to experience the glory of a grand fiesta together.
- Traditional dances are performed at festivals and fiestas, and children study this aspect of their heritage in after-school programs.
- Information about Spanish fiestas is covered and a search facility is provided.
- The story of the fiesta is surrounded by religion, legend and the fiery Basque spirit.
- The saint's day is celebrated by a fiesta that includes a religious ceremony.
- The Catholic religion is taught in public schools throughout the country, and fiestas corresponding to Church holidays are among the most important social events of the year, even in larger cities.
- Every community (rural or urban) has its own patron saint who is honored with processions and fiestas every year.
- Rural villages have a patron saint who is honored each year with a fiesta.
- Each province has at least one local festival of its own, usually on the feast of its patron saint, so that there is always a fiesta going on somewhere in the country.
- The dances are performed at fiestas in honor of the local saint.
- Although there were no bulls, tomatoes or flying goats, the event was a bit of fun nonetheless and probably more typical of the average Spanish fiesta.
- Musical performance at modern fiestas in the Andes not only contains layer upon layer of meaning, but it provides a ritualized space in which the historical encounters that produced such meaning are performed again.
- ‘Whether it be at their fiestas or in their street food, people in Mexico are really passionate about food,’ he insists.
- The town was celebrating their fiesta so when they arrived, there were a lot of people in the streets.
- Between August 1 and 6, San Salvador holds a fiesta (major celebration) commemorating the Transfiguration of Christ.
- By using field trips and classroom visitors, you can expose children to various cultural dances, fiestas, parades, and other events.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!