The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1quinta columna femenino
- While thus ‘raising public awareness,’ Congress was being lobbied for legislation to confront the threat from this enemy within: the fifth column in the ivory tower.
- Democratic governments played on the fear of a fifth column within in order to bolster the national purpose.
- The creation of a potential fifth column within the organization makes the duties of members of the audit committee far more onerous than before, with no relief in sight.
- Who needs the fifth column and undercover agents when you have politicians lining up to do the devil's bidding?
- The reason this country is so successful in its spying is that it has a fifth column in almost every country in the world of people who are more loyal to it than they are to their own country.
- It is playing on xenophobia to persuade people there is a fifth column in this country and show that something is being done.
- They were still viewed as a fifth column liable to join forces with the country's enemies at a moment's notice.
- Allegations that they may constitute a fifth column are beginning to look increasingly shallow.
- Feared as a fifth column, the entire community lived under harsh military administration from 1948 until 1966.
- He feared the activities of a communist fifth column, and enacted draconian laws to restrict free expression and assembly.
- In 1940 they spiralled to a figure above 1,200 in response to national anxieties about the fifth column.
- In some respects, too much of the fourth estate seems to act like a fifth column in this country.
- It has become nothing short of a national menace, an enemy of this country's interests and a fifth column in time of war.
- The government used the alliance to label them a fifth column fighting alongside the enemy during a time of war.
- They are discriminated against because of fear that they could be a fifth column which would destroy the state from within.
- Indeed, they now realise that the foreigners are, in fact, trained and equipped mercenaries despatched by a hostile country to act as its fifth column.
- The decadent left in its enclaves on the coasts is not dead - and may well mount a fifth column.
- For they stand accused of being a fifth column, a homegrown wing of a global movement bent on terrorising the West.
- I want to warn against the fifth column here that tries to corrode our way of life.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!