The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de quincuagésimo
1quincuagésimo→ see also fifth
- The 2001–2002 academic year marked the fiftieth anniversary of Juilliard's dance division.
- This begins the celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the original release of <i>Casablanca</i>.
- Around the fiftieth day, they meet in a museum filled with timeless animals.
- The latitudes of those parts extend from the fiftieth parallel to almost 60 degrees North.
- There is no pretense, no artifice, no meaning, other than what you carry out after you've wiped the fiftieth tear of laughter out of your eye.
- Today is the fiftieth anniversary of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II at Westminster Abbey, so expect lots of celebrations and tributes to Her Majesty this week.
- A delightful surprise is <i>Waiting in the Wings</i>, Coward's fiftieth play, an undeserved flop in 1960 and a greatly deserving revival now.
- The second goal came in the fiftieth minute.
- This past September, he completed his fiftieth year at an electric motor factory.
- The changed the news feed a few weeks ago (for what feels like the fiftieth time this year), drastically altering the user experience.
1en quincuagésimo lugar→ see also fifth
2(part)cincuentava parte femeninoquincuagésima parte femenino
- The minimum monthly payments are around the two-percent mark—only a fiftieth of the outstanding debt.
- The technique promises to cost about a fiftieth of the price of current plasma screens and yet deliver a similar quality picture.
- You consume a fiftieth of the oxygen consumed by a motor vehicle, and expel no pollutants.
- The actual amount of power in the laser beam is only about a fiftieth of that in your refrigerator light.
- The moving object is in motion during exposure, no matter whether the time be a fiftieth or a millionth part of a second.
- The area enclosed by that horizon would be less than a fiftieth that of the Moon's visible hemisphere.
- Details as small as a fiftieth of an inch can be seen.
- The prison is paid $90 per day per prisoner for the work done, and they pay out less than a tenth (and sometimes as little as a fiftieth) of that.
- They offer four times the equivalent wage of a farm laborer to make shoes, which is perhaps a fiftieth of the equivalent wage for a shoemaker in New York.
- I bequeath three-fiftieths thereof to my niece Louisa, daughter of my brother Amos.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!