The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of higo
1higo masculinefig tree — higuera
- Large, very sweet figs are best used fresh.
- The bread gets crispy in the oven, and the ingredient combo is simple and beautiful: sweet figs, soft mozzarella, fragrant basil and tasty pesto.
- Where available raccoons may also eat peaches, plums, figs, citrus fruits, watermelons, beech nuts, and walnuts.
- So, who wants to cultivate figs and citrus fruit?
- When picking figs, look for fruit that is soft to the touch but not squishy or bruised.
- This is also good served with fresh figs instead of melon.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the figs are soft, about five minutes.
- A neighbor had given her fresh figs from her tree.
- Dried figs were a main article of the diet of ordinary people in classical Greece and Rome.
- On the other hand, fresh figs are abundant only in the summer and fall.
- Ripe figs are less attractive to birds because they remain green.
- Set a dried fig to one side and spoon some orange sauce around the dish.
- Last year the birds ate all the figs from the tree before I could get to the figs.
- I have ripe figs once a year and dried figs the other eleven months.
- Place four pieces of roasted figs on the bottom of each tart shell.
- Pour enough custard over the roasted figs to fill the tart shells halfway.
- The wise sage asked the student to pick a fig from a large tree and open it.
- So dried figs, cranberries, apricots can all be included.
- Wild figs may be eaten, but they are small and dry.
- "You mean you're too nervous to eat, " he replied, happily eating both figs himself.
1(finery)the judge entered in full fig — el juez entró luciendo todas sus galas
- Togged out full fig - pill-box cap, dress tunic and swagger-stick - he awaited her at the barrack gates in vain.
- Admittedly, there's a minefield of kitsch to cross before you can be certain of conjuring up absolutely no visual resemblance to Widow Twankee, Liberace or Lesley Joseph in full fig - but the time has come to quell those fears.
- I'm not a great fan of stuffed moose and mediaeval knights in full fig, but Kelvingrove's got the lot.
- Beaton turned to Winterhalter for royalty in full fig, to Romney for pretty girls.
- British magazines aren't carrying the M7 ad in its complete form so you will have to buy a French magazine if you want to see Samuel de Cubber, the model who donated his organ, in full fig.
- They were in full fig, long gowns, tiaras, dinner jackets and all.
- He met the eye of one of the policemen who were marching, in full fig, beside the judges.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!