The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(person)(boxer) boxeador masculine(boxer) púgil masculine(boxer) pugilista masculineluchador masculineluchadora feminineshe's a born fighter — es una luchadora nata
- She knew how easy it would be for him to just die right then and there, but she also knew he was a determined fighter.
- I'm quite a fighter but when depression hits it is really, really difficult.
- I am sure he is enjoying this season more than last season because Michael is a fighter, and fighters need competition.
- For that alone we bear those fighters of eight decades ago a debt.
- Like Seabiscuit, all three men are fighters, and the horse with heart appeals to their spirit.
- He is both a slapstick character and a strong fighter.
- Boxing has been through periods when it seems all the top fighters are ducking each other, but this isn't one of those periods.
- The fighters are grappling on the floor, tearing at each other, screaming abuse and growling like animals.
- The former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world has more often been termed not a boxer, but a fighter.
- Sometimes a fighter competing at home feels more pressure than the opponent dealing with the hostile crowd.
- The character of the young fighter is played quite wonderfully by Lucy McLellan.
- The lion was normally a competent fighter, but he had been taken totally off-guard.
- As well as being competent fighters, they were trained to use their magic to block magic in others.
- For that reason many fighters ducked him, and full credit to Mosley for taking the chance.
- It would be a jabbing contest with both fighters almost a mirror of one another.
- There was a loud explosion sound and it sent the two fighters flying backwards down the hall.
- We're brought up to think of boxing as a fair contest because the fighters weigh the same.
- He had not seen his beloved daughter in the mess of blood-splattered fighters.
- It had been a large contest of fighters from all over to see who truly was the greatest fighter.
- He was without a doubt one of the most exciting fighters to watch during this time period.
- It meant something to be the champ to all four fighters and none of them took the easy way out.
- Ten minutes later Robert had nearly beaten one of the toughest aquatic fighters in the world.
- Fourteen of his other victims could not stand the brutal mauling by the fighter nicknamed the Slashing Tiger.
- The referee turned one last time to face the last competitor, the dark fighter from before.
- Here's the reality check; Sugar Ray Robinson is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the history of the sport.
- We passed a checkpoint manned by opposition fighters and dozens of Jeeps packed with soldiers.
(plane)caza masculineavión de combate masculine
- However, it was the fighter aircraft that was to really suffer from this policy.
- Similarly, the commander of a fighter squadron must be a credible fighter pilot.
- It had the most advanced fighter and bomber aircraft and the best trained crews.
- In his flight suit, flight cap and dark sunglasses, he was the classic picture of a fighter pilot.
- The fighter pilots don't need to see the smugglers to mark them with their radar.
- An aircraft can be designed as a fighter plane or a jumbo jet.
- She flew through a building that had a hole in it and lost the fighter squadron that was attacking her.
- His fighter group transitioned to escort duty after acquiring the new aircraft.
- Five fighters and two bombers were assigned a mission to drop propaganda leaflets on the city.
- His painting decorated the noses of many fighters and bombers during World War Two.
- This information would give the Royal Air Force an early warning of an attack by enemy fighters.
- If you're Uncle Sam, do you want this character flying your expensive fighter jets?
- Low-flying fighter and fighter-bomber training goes on all the time over the Highlands.
- It looked like a bomber group had gone off course, because there looked to be no fighters to contend with.
- He climbed up the ladder and looked proudly upon small fighters flying in and out of the docking bay.
- Jack then flipped on a small screen and watched the enemy fighters bear down on the Lexington.
- He went to sleep listening to fighters flying back and forth overhead.
- Earlier the same day another pilot from the base had flown the same fighter and had not encountered any problems.
- After a minute of flying, their fighters suddenly turned the opposite direction.
- Despite the fact he was flying a Republic fighter he still didn't truly feel he'd have a chance.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!