The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1de (las islas) Fiji
- In stark contrast to Hawaii, colonial law in Fiji enforced a distinctive Fijian way of life.
- Linguists (people who study languages) usually refer to the Fijian language as a mix of about 300 dialects.
- Even now - after final confirmation that the highly dangerous Fijian strain of flu has killed two children and is the suspected cause of a third death - public health officials are refusing to reveal where the cases happened.
- Australia will be training and equipping the contingent of 163 Fijian troops, which will provide security for U.N. election officials.
- York pressed again from the kick-off and were awarded a penalty when Fijian winger Rob Kama, who had looked dangerous on a number of occasions in the first half, was prevented from releasing the ball.
- Blackpool are just above them at the foot of the table but have been boosted recently by an influx of Fijian players who are apparently in this country serving in the army and based in Blackpool.
- It is, after all, the national game there, as it is in Tonga and Samoa, and I can recall the pleasure of seeing so many Fijian youngsters playing touch rugby on the beaches.
- Boxes of sewing materials are sent to Fijian mothers.
- The true figure is clearly not enough because so far on tour this Fijian side has looked promising in bursts but cannot sustain any threat throughout 80 minutes.
- This contest was no different, but it was clear from the time that referee Alan Lewis first put his whistle to his lips that it would be Fijian invention which triumphed.
- The inquest was told that it was part of Fijian culture for the men to drink until they collapsed and that they drank in a group, pouring the beer into a half pint glass which they all shared.
- And Ms Harrison said some Fijian ladies have their eyes on the banana flowers, which give great flavour to a curry.
- She left her home in political disarray after a coup led by ethnic Fijian rebel George Spreight broke out in her country last May.
- Consequently, their welfare is far from what the Cuban and Fijian counterparts are enjoying at the moment.
- Then there was that Fijian woman who I met at the Thrift Store, which support battered women and children.
- Heading into court in traditional Fijian sulu skirt, Speight looked calmly confident.
- This wise Fijian homily was part of a dinner discussion aboard and I thought back to the fisherboy.
- There are also a large number of Fijian Indians and Indians from Southeast Asia.
- Australia is the largest market for Fijian manufactured goods and an air services agreement between the two countries guarantees a high number of Australian tourists to the Pacific country.
- Lacking any legitimacy in the eyes of Indo-Fijians and many ethnic Fijian working people, the regime has been unable to stabilise the political and economic situation and relies upon continued emergency rule.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!