The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
adjective filmier, filmiest
1(fabric/garment) vaporoso(layer/membrane) pelicular
- The tears were still fresh in her eyes, balancing delicately as they rippled across her eyes, filmy and scared.
- He consumed an amazing amount of filmy fabric in the process of manipulating the sheer material into a richly textured garment.
- They balance tall bamboo poles draped in filmy fabrics.
- Maxine laughed and touched the filmy fabric of a sleeve.
- She glanced up when she had nearly finished, and saw his eyes pinned on her calves, the shadows of which could be seen through the filmy linen shift she wore.
- Actually, I do like the delicate, filmy white square edged in yellow with an M embroidered in one corner.
- The sleeves were made of a filmy, translucent red material, so insubstantial that it was almost not there.
- Last week, I slurped down filmy, translucent rice noodles and sang a song of fish sauce, but today I'm trading Southeast Asia for China.
- Vibrant prints, block colours, searing white and filmy ice-cream shades will all feature heavily in the summer.
- The room was lined with windows, and filmy white curtains fluttered in the breeze.
- But when I walked through and under them, the fabric looked heavy and inert, more like drapes than filmy wind-yielding robes.
- I pick out a simple outfit, a black, short-sleeved top and pants with a filmy, see-through skirt over that and a gem-studded silver belt to go around my hips and hold my bag of gems.
- For the first time Ian notices that she's wearing nothing but a silk nightgown, so thin and filmy that it looks like gold paint brushed over her body.
- She had dressed for the occasion in a cascade of something filmy and see-through and spoke in a lilting middle-English.
- In the filmy light of a city morning he looked ashen and old.
- The dress was light and filmy, perfect for the hot weather.
- When the powdered something hit the water, a filmy silver light hovered over the rim of the smooth darkened wood of the cup.
- There was a long slit down each side of the skirt and sewn underneath was shimmering, filmy gold material.
- The walls were free of torches, and yet a filmy light seeped in from an unknown source.
- Outside in the moonlight, the white dress moved across the parking lot like a filmy, glittering cloud.
- The moonlight turned the filmy blue dress hanging from her surprisingly petite shoulders nearly transparent, silhouetting her hour glass form against the material.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!