The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(lastly)por últimopara finalizarfinalmente
2(at last)(succeed/finish/arrive) por fin(succeed/finish/arrive) finalmentehe's finally been arrested — por fin lo han detenido
- About an hour later, we finally arrived at the mall and headed to the clothing stores.
- The long wait for followers of the professional sports car racing series is finally over.
- When he finally got to relate the details of his adventure, he gave her a paper bag as he spoke.
- When I finally closed this book I confess to having some sympathy with the Queen Empress.
- Have they not even considered what will happen to these people when the centre finally closes its doors?
- The bridge will allow the agency to finally close a controversial gap in the central reservation.
- This was pretty much the feeling I had when I finally got up close, and went inside.
- Fifteen jobs were lost at that time and when Acre finally closed this week it was down to just five staff.
- The editing process has finally come to a close and the film is as good as finished.
- The happiest day of my life finally draws to a close and I drift off to sleep with a smile on my face.
- Once it was closed the judge finally looked up from the papers on his desk.
- I drank it all in, just being there in the almost deserted cafeteria, so close to her finally.
- As the chatter died at the sudden events, it seemed that things were finally under way.
- After he had gone on for eons, he finally came to the reason why most in the House were present.
- The only reason the district council finally repaired them was because of public pressure.
- The two families met soon after, when Susan was finally introduced to her cousin.
- The doctor tried to reason with me but finally gave up with a look of exasperation.
- The only reason I can write this tonight, is because we finally have a day off tomorrow.
- A couple of weeks ago I finally completed the purchase of a one-bedroom flat in London.
- She began to doubt Sarah would speak at all, but finally a small, quiet voice broke the silence.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!