Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- He obtained a PhD in both philology and theology and possessed great knowledge of both the Sami and Finnish languages.
- There's nothing whatsoever guessable about the Finnish language.
- The Spaniard gained almost four seconds on the Finnish competitor, who was chasing him for fourth spot on the leaderboard.
- My body isn't accustomed to Finnish mosquitoes yet so my entire leg flamed up and it looked nasty and itched like hell.
- The British warship then sailed for an exercise with the Finnish navy before making her way to the Latvian capital, Riga.
- The Finnish company expects to make announcements in other European territories in the coming months.
- Moreover, in the Finnish countryside, alternatives to grain growing were scarce.
- Unlike in many other countries, Finnish traffic fines vary according to the offender's average income.
- It would have been enough to send many Finnish boys running to the relative safety of cross-country skiing or even ice-hockey.
- The Finnish government voted yesterday to make it illegal to copy media, even for personal use, if you have to subvert copy protection to do so.
- A Finnish man died in Beijing from the virus yesterday, taking the number of deaths in China's capital to four.
- A Finnish woman said she needed a balcony to get her baby to sleep.
- To his credit, though, the Finnish driver displayed great sportsmanship in defeat.
- The Finnish cartoonist arrived with his wife and one-year-old child yesterday.
- When he left, the boys told me that his mother was a Finnish princess and had to look at the country because her father, the King of Finland, was sick.
- The two sides reached the basic agreement in the fifth round of talks that have been held in the Finnish capital since January.
- Officers went to the area where the Finnish tourist was attacked to find the same three men attacking an Austrian couple.
- In addition to the list, Finnish journalists highlight a few other interesting and anomalous tax returns.
- The strike was supported by Swedish paper workers, who refused to take work diverted from Finnish paper mills.
- We go to an exhibit of the history of Finnish shoe design and manufacture, which is less than inspiring.
- There's an urban myth that you get better service at Helsinki upmarket shops if you speak Swedish instead of Finnish.
- Until he was about eight years old he spoke no Finnish.
- When one of the children spoke Finnish, they were all lined up and had their ears boxed one by one.
- Nor has its CEO, Jorma Olilla, stumbled upon a marketing book yet to be translated from Finnish.
- The only thing that really annoys him is when Laura begins to speak to the children in Finnish.
- He travelled widely and mastered several European languages, including Finnish.
- Maybe some of the adoption of Finnish was a way of distancing themselves from the Lapps as well.
- Unless you read Russian or Finnish, the papers will be impenetrable, but there are a few memorable human details.
- On Friday I flew to Helsinki for a book fair, as Finnish is one of the 21 languages into which my books are translated.
- As the evening progressed, the accordion player moved on from more traditional tales of woe to sing the theme tune from Love Story in Finnish.
- We removed one of the cynicism items from this study because of its ambiguous formulation in Finnish.
- The article should be in Finnish… so not only do I have to figure out something to write, I should also translate it.
- But we never learnt Finnish so that is what my parents talked when they didn't want us to know what they were saying.
- Not sure why, but the radio chatter you hear is in Finnish.
- I imagine the queues to buy the book when it was published in Finnish stretched for several blocks outside Helsinki bookstores.
- He said something worriedly in rapid Finnish, and Ed responded with a chuckle.
- Most strangely, quite a number of them have been from sites in Finnish.
- The television was very good also even though most of it was in Finnish.
- She even taught me simple conversational Finnish, which I used with glee.
- Anyhow, can he email us and give us an indication of what Robbo might mean in Finnish?