Learn English Grammar From A–Z
barco equipado para combatir incendios
- When the other ship suddenly caught fire and sent SOS signals by flashlight, the fireboat shot out water to put out the fire.
- It began with fire hoses, and then was fought with fire boats - and finally, giant industrial pumps.
- Without a fireboat we may have lost the railroad bridge, as the access to this area is quite restrictive to large fire apparatus.
- The boat was replaced in 1928 and is believed to have later served as a fireboat during the Second World War.
- Soon afterwards, a fire-boat arrived to extinguish the last remaining chunks of burning debris.
- He said the new fireboat can carry a full crew of firefighters, pumps 2,500 gallons of water a minute, and has a 20-inch draft that allows it to function in shallow water.
- The currents were so bad, they couldn't get fire boats through here to rescue people at one point.
- The aging fireboat has responded to thousands of distress calls in its half-century of service.
- He said the new fireboat should return to service in a few weeks.
- The opera house burned down in 1995, in part because the adjacent canals had been drained, and the fire boats could not reach the scene.