Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- There are 5 million couples living out of wedlock in France, and 42% of firstborn children are born outside of marriage.
- Over 70 percent of firstborn children are born to unmarried couples.
- I was their firstborn child, their baby girl, the very embodiment of their hopes and dreams.
- Feasts and gifts were given to the mother and baby, especially for firstborn children, and at adolescence a formal naming ceremony was held.
- Traditionally, relatives and friends soaked the father with water when his firstborn child was a girl.
- I talked my dad into burying my mom in Florida, near her firstborn child, my brother Barry, whom she had buried seven years before and with whom she would soon, happily, be reunited.
- In southeast Angola, the practice of calling a parent after his or her firstborn child (father-of-name, mother-of-name) further create ties between the generations.
- It was joked that his mother had named him Furst because he was her firstborn child out of eleven, and she hadn't been able to remember their real names, so she just numbered them.
- My sister continued to make excuses until her firstborn child told her biological father that they were being taken to church by her mother and step-father.
- Then the firstborn child was thought to be god-begotten.
- She'd been a bridesmaid at their wedding, and was now a godmother of their recently-born firstborn child Jacob.
- She asked him to view the film My Life, about a young man who is dying and making a videotape for his soon-to-be firstborn child.
- As a parent, Jo-Ann pondered how all their dreams and hopes for their firstborn child would never be realized.
- Being the firstborn child doesn't just mean you get to stay up later; it also may win you the country.
- My firstborn child taught me a thing or two about this when she first started bringing home her classmates.
- Six months later, Graciano returns on time to witness his wife give birth to his firstborn child.
- Plantation workers developed a highly regulated system of fosterage in which firstborn children were given to the maternal grandmother or an aunt.
- They love each other in their own way, but no longer know how to express their feelings, partly because they have never recovered from the death of their firstborn child.
- A firstborn child may share the parents' bed for two or three years, but if there is an older sister, that child may sleep with her after a year or so.
- I couldn't believe it when I heard the news - he is still my firstborn son and I'm hoping for a reconciliation.
1primogénito masculineprimogénita feminine
- Since moms and dads are usually way worried about giving firstborns the go-ahead for new experiences, you've forged a path in uncharted territory.
- Some weeks previously John and I had taken our firstborns away for a much-talked-about weekend to Paris, so it was only fair that the secondborns should go somewhere too.
- Your sisters and mother are waiting for you with the other firstborns.
- You'll finally get to meet the other firstborns, Nicola.
- One theory holds that the boost comes from the initially undiluted resources firstborns receive from their parents.
- In the father sensitivity part of the study, fathers of firstborns appeared more sensitive than were fathers of laterborns.
- Fathers also appeared more sensitive to their firstborns than they were to laterborns.
- She argues that the way you are within the family is not the way you act outside with your peers and that many younger siblings behave like firstborns with their friends.
- They were both happy, and even more so when their firstborn arrived.
- Until our firstborn arrived, we both had well-paid, full-time jobs.
- She has just lost her firstborn; her daughter, her twin, and she is far away, swept away in her torrential grief.
- Lynda continued to teach with her firstborn, Luke, but once Vincent had arrived in 1981 the family moved into Alice, and Lynda stayed at home with the children.
- My firstborn, a son, began to push out late the next summer.
- Helena loved her firstborn's son too much to sit back and do nothing.
- My mother is speaking with a male scribe, one I recognize as that of one of her real sons, her firstborn, my brother and nursemaid to some of my older sisters.
- Actually I was still a kid myself as our firstborn arrived when I had just turned 21, and my wife was 20.
- But I am still grieving, just a little bit, for that overwhelming and lovely love that is the firstborn's privilege, just as the relaxed and expansive love of experience is the second-born's special right.
- Shadow was the firstborn of her athletic parents.
- Children were also significantly more likely to suffer from these conditions if their father had an inherited susceptibility to allergy or the child was a firstborn.
- They met at a party, got married, and I was the firstborn.