Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1verdulera feminine informal, derogatory
- We speak all the time the two of us, gossiping like a couple of old fishwives.
- We went to Venice a few days later and it was full of dirty pigeons and busloads of ghastly American tourists shrieking at each other like fishwives.
- The final five minutes seem to shape the entire programme, when the two families get together and basically sling the mud like old fishwives.
- Then there was a revolution in my building, with all these fishwives banging on my door because I'd insulted them.
- We were made to sit side by side at the table and flog our biographies like fishwives.