Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1puñetazos masculine informaltortazos masculine informal
- Every dispute from fisticuffs in the street to a battle in a grand war needs its goodies and baddies.
- Car owners have also become so touchy and fussy about the parking space that any encroachment leads to heated arguments and bouts of fisticuffs.
- The incident began with words in a bar, with an alleged insult to some women, then a confrontation with fisticuffs and bottles being thrown.
- Failure always leads to arguments, fisticuffs and grudging reconciliation.
- You just have to put up with a bit of shouting and the occasional fisticuffs.
- It was the banter between them before the starting bell, not the fisticuffs that followed, that was the fight's main attraction.
- Taken to the nth degree this mentality could lead to a shift towards the sort of behaviour seen in ice hockey, in which known combatants get the fisticuffs out of the way before the game even starts.
- Amid the fisticuffs there's greatness, as we film junkies know.
- However, when we step through the turnstiles, it's war - minus the shooting of course and largely minus any fisticuffs too these days.
- Petty fisticuffs aside, the idea of a battle of the sexes in the snooker arena would add an extra dimension.
- It is no longer reasonable to expect those who keep a ‘cool head’ when the fisticuffs start to restore normality in such circumstances.
- Then, according to Ken anyway, Jerry ‘ran like a woman out of the club’ to escape potential fisticuffs.
- A bout of fisticuffs ensues, and with a misdirected right hook, the villain finds himself stuck in the shock therapy equipment.
- Now, you might think this is where the fisticuffs come in.
- Some men still believe in fisticuffs as a method of settling grudges.
- As the two No 9s flailed about on the floor, the two packs closed for a bout of ugly and prolonged fisticuffs, a scenario that was repeated throughout the match.
- Every effort was also made to discern the identity of all the major suspects or individuals who were involved in any kind of fisticuffs.
- There were fisticuffs and threats, and my backpack was gently returned to me as we exited the discotheque - apparently barred for our dirty dancing.
- Here's a report on the fisticuffs, which will continue with appeals.
- Sometimes, it takes good old-fashioned fisticuffs to settle the matter.