The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de encuentro
1.1(in building)elemento de la instalación, como los artefactos del baño, cocina etc
- Cathedral ceilings, antique light fixtures and furniture that looked as though it had come straight from the twenties.
- Kitchen cabinets, light fixtures and switches had been removed and thrown on the floor, and a window had been knocked out.
- Other products include lighting fixtures and wall panels.
- The list of items bought included lawn equipment, bathroom fixtures, hardware and even a refrigerator.
- There are materials right from paints, door handles, PVC doors, kitchen tiles and electrical fixtures that team up to make a graceful home.
- He says home renovations are one of the strongest sectors in the economy and people are buying new floor coverings, kitchen cabinets and light fixtures.
- Hunting trophies line the walls and cartwheel light fixtures hang from the ceiling, illuminating the tables and paved stone floor.
- I quickly discovered that a piebald pigeon has taken up residence atop the light fixture on the balcony.
- There's still floor covering, lighting fixtures, and furniture to arrive.
- Insert the electrical cable into the fixture's junction box and fasten it with a cable clamp.
- The spa's assets include about $75,000 worth of furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Images of furniture, fixtures, and decorations were fired at me one after another, without really giving me time to appreciate anything.
- Furniture-mounted uprights or fixtures built into hard partitions or casework are other possibilities.
- My home-based design business sells store fixtures and related equipment to the retailers we work with.
- The elongated light fixtures neatly built into the ceiling illuminated the corridors providing vision for the patrolling guard units.
- The not-so-simple situation is where your wall switch controls a light fixture.
- Most of the antique fixtures - including light fittings, window and door frames - went missing.
- During assembly, the glass is first positioned in a fixture with several sensors around the sunroof.
- There was a ceiling fan and light fixture, along with a tall floor lamp next to each bunk bed.
- Remove the plumbing fixtures, faucet, handles, shower diverter, drain lever, and water valves.
1.2(permanent feature)parte integrante femeninoshe's become a permanent fixture here — ya forma parte del mobiliario humorístico
- He didn't foresee, though, that the farce would become a permanent fixture in our cultural life.
- A permanent fixture in the right back role, Fleming had a deserved testimonial awarded by his club at the start of this season.
- A permanent fixture in his life for decades, Gerald, now 74, has been building sheds since he was a child.
- Russell should be a permanent fixture in the top 25 of the Order of Merit, but he is treading water.
- It is part of our national heritage and is a permanent fixture in our lives and that is not going to change anytime soon.
- A bronze statue slightly taller than the man himself has now been unveiled, and will stand as a permanent fixture in Epworth.
- Sherlock Holmes is a permanent fixture in popular culture, and he is particularly in fashion at the moment.
- Foreign tourists are now almost a permanent fixture in front of the Secretariat gates.
- It looks like the web and SMS are now a permanent fixture in the election media mix.
- The image of them, seemed like it was a permanent fixture in my brain.
- She was his world and he was going to make her a permanent fixture in his life.
- That was because she didn't want him to get to close, and wanted to remind herself that he was not a permanent fixture in her life.
- The match was postponed in February, but it is hoped the fixture will go on to become a permanent fixture in the local footballing calendar for years to come.
- My derelict caravan was a permanent fixture in their boggy field.
- Now, although he is horrified of the sight of this jar, I'm betting that it becomes a permanent fixture in the house.
- All the components of one of the best gardening gifts I have ever received are now a permanent fixture in my household.
- I'll know the outcome in a few weeks time as to whether I'm a permanent fixture in the office or not.
- Basil's percussion playing is almost a permanent fixture in the mall and he sticks to his task of earning an honest dollar with zeal.
- Should he continue in this fashion then he will become a permanent fixture in the South African team.
- We have established ourselves as a fixture in the world of women's basketball.
2BritanicoDeporteencuentro masculinothe concert became an annual fixture — el concierto se convirtió en un acontecimiento anual
- The midweek snow had a devastating effect on the fixture list.
- Why not arrange the fixture for a Wednesday at 7.30 pm and give everyone decent notice.
- He wrote to the leading clubs of the time putting forward a proposal that they should combine to arrange home and away fixtures each season - and thus the seeds of The Football League were sown.
- I congratulate you on your excellent coverage of not only national events but also international fixtures such as F - 1 racing.
- And he wants the Nationwide League to follow suit, even though clubs outside the top flight have a busier fixture list.
- If those clubs are out of Europe by then it would be no surprise to see a hastily arranged tour of the Far East after Christmas to fill in the gaps in the fixture list.
- Premiership footballers complain of fatigue as early as October with their crammed fixture lists.
- Still, look a little further down the fixture list and one or two tricky tasks spring forth.
- I wanted them to take an overall look at the fixture list and make some changes to help us.
- July 16 was one of the first dates he circled on his calendar when this season's fixture list came out.
- The fixture list of dates and times is posted in the clubhouse.
- Looking at the remaining fixture list, I've come up with a blueprint for survival and worked out where the points are going to come from.
- He described the victory in the opening fixture of the group stage as a stepping stone for the season.
- The dates for the said fixtures will be arranged for the end of June or early July.
- I cannot take the risk of relying on a player who has not displayed anything essential during the pre-season fixtures and the championship games in his club.
- They have scored four times in their three friendly fixtures.
- He bemoaned the way the 2003 fixtures had been arranged with the big clubs playing each other in the first five weeks, saying it would take away the mid-season excitement.
- His extra fitness will help him cope with the demands of the nearest rugby league gets to a fixture pile-up as they play twice more this week.
- The spokesman said the number of international matches and Cup game fixtures had delayed the close of this year's league season.
- It's another huge week of fixtures in the Championship.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!