Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1tarta femininekuchen masculine Chile(individual) tartaleta feminine(individual) tarteleta feminine River Plate
- Slide the baking sheet into the oven and bake the flan for one hour, or until the filling is puffed and golden and just jiggles in the center when you tap the pan.
- It is the classic pastry for flans and often has a little sugar, even when used for savoury dishes, but rarely egg.
- The pastry crusts were not only as part of the dish, pies and flans would be moulded and decorated with flower heads in season.
- Bake the flan for 25-30 minutes until the top sets and begins to lightly colour.
- My sister Lisa would make a cream of asparagus soup, cranberry sauce, two flans, stuffing, a chocolate-pecan tart, and of course, her Scottish scones.
- The puddings were mainly flans, pastries and coffee gateau, which none of us really fancied, and we all went for a perfectly acceptable fruit salad alternative.
- We had a lunch of tomatoes with the local soft goat's cheese, suckling pig braised with gnocchi and a flan of sweet chestnut purée with local wine for 16 euros each.
- Supplemented with some sea spinach harvested along the dunes, these went into a tasty flan I baked yesterday.
- A choice of Yorkshire stand pie, roasted vegetable flan, Yorkshire cheese and oatmeal flan or roasted Yorkshire ham with salad left no doubt as to which part of the country we were in!
- This version came in individual circles and although the pastry and egg mixture was good, the pastry overwhelmed the egg as the flan was too shallow.
- I considered myself something of a master with pies, flans, tarts, vol-au-vents and quiches.
- Daily specials keep things lively, from a haunting goat-cheese flan to a melting confection of strawberries and coconut ice cream.
- The couple had lobster ravioli to start and apple flan for dessert, with coffee and mints to follow.