Ver definición en Español de suelo
1.1(of room, vehicle)suelo masculinopiso masculino América Latinafrom floor to ceiling — desde el suelo hasta el techo
- Unable to relax, Ben walked silently across the floor to the window and peered outside.
- Do not let anyone walk on the floor before the finish is applied, or dirt might be tracked on the wood.
- Near the spare bedroom, he pulled a cord hanging from the ceiling and a staircase lowered to the floor.
- She picked Juliet's bathrobe up off the floor and walked into the bathroom.
- I practically throw my stuff on the floor and walk to the kitchen feeling his eyes watch me.
- The floor was the wooden planks and the walls and domed ceiling were of woven branches.
- Trent helped me off the floor and walked me to the kitchen, where he sat me down in a chair.
- She put the box on the floor and walked over to the photograph on the window sill.
- Phil tossed his stuff onto the floor and walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water.
- Her knee high boots clicked on the floor as she walked to the kitchen to snatch her lipstick.
- I had to be careful to avoid the pieces of glass on the floor as I walked into the kitchen.
- It touched down on the smooth metal floor, and a ramp lowered down to the floor.
- Her steps sounded loud in the silence of the room as she walked across the floor to the black curtained bed.
- She pushed open the door and threw her bag on the floor and walked over to me, wrapping her arms around my neck.
- They walked a bit further until they reached a small wooden hatch in the floor.
- Sighing heavily I picked myself up off the floor and walked back out into the hallways.
- Then she pulled the long dress over her knees down to the floor and walked back into the bathroom.
- Perhaps the most convenient vacuums to store, these are good for bare floors or area rugs.
- A bare foot gives an immediate indication as to the comfort level of a given floor.
- Also, you may want to test a small area of your floor before applying it everywhere.
1.2(for dancing)pista (de baile) femenino
1.3(of ocean, valley, forest)fondo masculino
- Of course we shouldn't cover the ocean with plastic or dredge the sea floor or cut down forests.
- The water rooms look much like this one, only rounded and the pool's bottom is the ocean floor.
- To the east, the Eden valley provides a fertile contrast, with abundant pasture land along the valley floor.
- Life is going to be deep underground, in the valley floors and deep caves, far from the surface.
- This guy up here is a very close relative of the roly-poly, only it lives in the deep sea along the ocean floor.
- She was a little unsure of her footing as she stepped off the bottom rung onto the cave floor.
- Beloussov refused to believe in the regular magnetic striping of the ocean floor about the oceanic ridges.
- Discarded nets drift through the sea and continue to kill fish on the ocean floor.
- Sea cucumbers are common in shallow water areas to deep ocean floors.
- Then the second reason, it is now known that all the continents, every continent, even ocean floors have moved towards the north pole, towards the Arctic.
- In the columns of rock and on the floors of the caves lie fossil sponges, the stromatoporoids, and the curled-up shells of ammonites.
- This permits the craft to explore about 99 percent of sea floors in the oceans of the world.
- Jagged stalagmites pointed upward from the cave floor, encased in a crystal coat of ice.
- It is a sea mountain, blasted by volcanic forces more than a mile up from the ocean floor, and stretching underwater for nine miles.
- Back on the boat, Craig told me a little more about his forays to collect thermophiles on the ocean floor.
- When an earthquake lifts the ocean floor, it heaves up a mass of water thousands of feet deep which then falls back.
- I manage the orchard floor like I would the pasture because I consider it a benefit to have that long tall grass in there that offers a sanctuary for the beneficial insects.
- Rising up from the canyon floor are layers of specialty retail shops and entertainment and dining venues.
- To avoid unnecessary disturbance to the reef the water pipes would be sunk through the lagoon floor and out to sea, bringing up cold water from a depth of 600 to 1000 metres.
- They pop open the cartridges and begin to paint with brushes, tossing spent containers to drift and litter the sea floor.
- Plastic bags that sink to the sea floor can also suffocate and kill sea grasses.
2(storey)piso masculinowe live on the first/second floor — vivimos en la planta baja/el primer piso
- Three or four bricks were removed from the façade at all sides of the building and at all floor levels.
- The cubic knuckle of the fermentation building, with three floors of temperature controlled rooms, acts as a hinge point between them.
- The remaining section of the patio was raised to the level of the interior floors and paved with stone, giving it the look of a true outdoor room.
- At approximately 45 ft, the tail height was nearly as tall as the first four floors of the building.
- The Guvernment is a large building with two floors and three dance rooms.
- Eventually, they came upon an apartment building with only two floors and three rooms on each floor.
- Situated on the corner of Charlemont Street and Grand Parade, the office block is entered via a reception area where two lifts serve the building's five floors.
- It also rents several floors in a building in the city's prime business area, away from the public university campuses.
- The upper floors of the seven-storey building, including the split level penthouses, will go on sale later in the year for unspecified prices.
- Hoardings in upmarket areas are put up on the fifth floor of buildings that are above 80 feet from ground.
- The 889 square metre listed brick building has three floors over basement.
- The suite is located on the third floor of the main building in an area known as the tower.
- The skywalks will consist of three floors, three storeys above the street level.
- It was only a single floor building, so we had a little bit of a drop, but it was nothing we couldn't handle.
- The flats tower above you - there are perhaps twenty five floors in the building, which looks grimy and worn.
- She said work on the top floor of the three storey building began in January and is expected to be finished by the end of this month.
- The main floor of the new building will be level with the main floor of the old hospital, with a crawl space beneath.
- The original building was two storeys with the upper floor being removed in 1866.
- Imagine a room ten feet by twelve feet on the top floor of a crumbling building where not even the banisters are stable enough for you to put any weight on.
- It looked like it went up to the floor above as well as down to the lower floors.
3.1(of debating chamber, parliament)el hemiciclola salato gain/have the floor — obtener/tener (el uso de) la palabra
- I will give one further warning about interrupting while a member has the floor correctly on points of order.
- It is not a point of order, but I will ask the member who has the floor to come back to the bill, please.
3.2(audience at debate)la asamblealos asistentesa question from the floor — una pregunta de la asamblea / de uno de los asistentes
- to throw the meeting open to the floor — dar la palabra a los asistentes
- to throw the meeting open to the floor — dar la palabra a los asistentes
3.3(of stock exchange)el parquéel parquet
(for wages, prices)mínimo masculinothe price of coffee has fallen through the floor — el precio del café ha caído en picada
- Government sets price ceilings and floors, dictates wages through laws and labor courts, and confiscates profits.
- We know what rules make a difference: the most important are strong wage floors and collective bargaining protections.
- As with other protectionist schemes, it is really about taxing Americans and imposing price floors to benefit a politically influential industry.
- Monopolies, however, are formed when an industry uses government power to enforce a price floor.
- When the share price of nearly every other airline has gone through the floor, Ryanair's has held up.
- Instead of a single lock-in price, the lender sets a price range with a floor and ceiling.
- At the time, the primary form of farm subsidy was price supports - price floors that are legally imposed above free-market prices.
- Like the minimum wage, the national agreement may put a floor under wage increases, but nothing more.
- It significantly lowered internal price floors towards world market levels, opened its market to imports, and agreed to subsidize fewer export goods.
- It's an economic certainty: price floors cause a shortage of buyers.
- Wage floors are an arbitrary act, set without regard to productivity.
- This will continue to help to clear the backlog of cow beef and will also help to keep a floor under the price of poorer quality cattle.
- But beyond a minimum floor, a modern social Europe can make more progress.
- It's time to raise the wage floor in America so people who go to work every day can make a decent living.
- This market remains buoyant and will keep a strong floor under lamb prices.
- Price floors or ceilings can be used to demonstrate how changes in the institutional structure lead to changes in behavior and market performance.
1Construcciónthe room is floored with parquet — el suelo de la habitación es de / está recubierto de parquet
- The interconnecting dining room is also floored in wood and retains its original cast-iron fireplace with tiled inset.
- Two steps lead down to the kitchen, a bright room floored in quarry tiles and with polished wood presses providing plenty of storage.
- On the ground floor, the entrance hall, living room and dining room are floored in French oak.
- To the right, the family room is floored in handmade Mexican tiles and features recessed ceiling lighting.
- The dining area is floored in oak and has French doors to the back garden.
- As the garden is usually the last project on the list, the landscaper must negotiate a newly decorated, newly floored area to work on the site.
- Stairs rise from the landing to the attic room, which is floored and panelled in wood and features two velux windows and a good amount of eaves storage.
- The carpet ended and the room was floored in black concrete.
- It has a terracotta colour scheme and room for a table to seat six, while the family room is floored in maple and fitted with recessed lighting.
- The hallway is tiled in Italian marble while the two interconnecting reception rooms are floored in oak.
- The breakfast room is floored in birch pine and leads into the kitchen, which has a number of wall and floor units, a tiled floor and tiled walls.
- The kitchen area is floored in ceramic tiles while the dining area, like the remainder of the house, has wooden floors.
- The dining area is floored in linoleum while the living area is carpeted and features a distinctive marble surround fireplace.
- Double doors lead through to the dining room, which is floored in maple and has patio doors, while the third reception room is a family room.
- An archway leads through to the living/dining room, which is floored in polished timber and retains its original ceiling coving, centre rose and picture rail.
- Steps lead down to a family room, also floored in wood.
- There is access from here to a partially floored attic with pull-down ladder.
- There is a large shelved hot press with dual immersion in the landing while the attic is partially floored.
- Pull-down stairs provide access to the attic which is floored and is used for storage.
- From the landing there is access to the attic, which has been partially floored.
2.1(knock down)derribartirar al suelo
- Clay had been fortunate in two ways: the punch that floored him came at the very end of the round and near the ropes and the ropes cushioned his fall.
- He showed plenty of endurance and came back into the fight until he was floored by a powerful punch to the ribs at the end of round eight.
- One punch floored him and he began kicking him on the ground.
- I ended up giving him one last punch that floored him.
- The hungry challenger, acknowledged by Eubank as his best-ever opponent, out-boxed the champion and finally floored him in the 11 th round.
- He was floored once in round 3, and then again in round 11.
- Joel, were you hurt by the left hook that floored you?
- They fought a hell of a battle in their first fight just five months earlier, where both fighters were floored a few times.
- In round four Sonny finally connected with a long sweeping left hook that floored Martin by the ropes.
- He was floored by Mesi in the fifth round and then survived the sixth round.
- It is true that Iran floored Thomas with a short left hook in the fourth round.
- If they were the only heavyweights left in a tournament stripped of its big names, the current US Open champion floored his opponent with contemptuous ease.
- He established both punches early, flooring his opponent in the third while busting up his nose with a hard left hook.
- In his next match he was floored twice and soundly beaten by the eventual tournament winner.
- Immediately the silver-haired apprentice flowed into an uppercut, flooring his opponent.
- In the third which proved costly for Sato, Jorrin sent the Japanese challenger down with a hard series of punches, followed by a stinging right which also floored him seconds later.
- The former champion was floored 3 times in the second round.
- With that Noel swings for his brother and floors him with one single punch and shrugs his shoulders.
- The right hand that culminated in Swaby's downfall would probably have floored most cruiserweights in Britain.
- He strode forward and punched Aeros hard across the face, completely flooring him.
2.2coloquial (nonplus)(news/announcement) dejar helado coloquial(news/announcement) dejar de una pieza coloquialI was completely floored by their questions — sus preguntas me dejaron sin saber qué decir
- I then quickly flipped through the paper until I found the article in question and was immediately floored by the shear magnitude of it.
- I said nothing, completely floored by his question.
- To tell the truth, I was completely floored with the whole story.
- There's a moment in the movie that absolutely floored me.
- I am absolutely floored that the company has done something so bizarre.
- Simba looked at him, totally floored by his behavior.
- I'm utterly floored by the realization and pull away from him as though he's just scalded me.
- I mean, time and time again, he floors me with his great acting!
- That last minute of swooping sound floors you, pins you with its brilliance.
- I was totally floored and was sure that my mouth was hitting the ground.
3EEUU coloquial(push, force toward the floor)pisar a fondoapretar a fondo