The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1cultura popular femenino
- The dievturi look to ancient Latvian culture, particularly folk songs, for their beliefs and are credited for their efforts in maintaining old folkways.
- A gradual transition to American life weakened immigrant folkways.
- Hurston's ethnography of African American folklore and folkways was published in 1935.
- J-school socializes its graduates, educating them about the mores and folkways of journalism and how to dance the newsroom dance.
- Furthermore, the mores and folkways of our culture, the small and mundane actions of our lives, still reflect a patriarchal bias.
- During primary socialization we absorb basic knowledge about our society's values, norms, folkways, and mores.
- In order to meet her goals, she must abandon Celtic folkways, join organizations, and raise money from many sources.
- One rarely considers the fact that the Ivory Tower is its own sort of reality, with customs and folkways that would befuddle the most conscientious anthropologist.
- May provides examples of friendliness, helpfulness, and camaraderie, and she documents specific folkways, expressions, and customs.
- Someday, Georgia's combination of uncrowded nature, stunning scenery, and friendly folkways could benefit locals and tourist alike.
- But under the curious folkways of Washington, too much truth-telling and question-raising can only spell trouble.
- And if you'd like to learn more about the Anglo-Saxon roots of American folkways, I highly recommend Albion's Seed.
- The urban folkways of New York City, for all its highly cultivated habits of historical amnesia, have strong linkages to the distant past.
- The history of U.S. military doctrine describes a rough evolution from these folkways toward its contemporary forms.
- Scholars have since noted that many artists from the urban Northeast used southern folkways as a subject during this period.
- There are also the celebrations of seasonal folkways known as farmers' dances and music.
- So, learning the habits and folkways and customs of the people you're dealing with is a good idea.
- I include our history, our sports and other modes of recreation, our folkways and our means of making a living.
- Such is the innocence of those unacquainted with the peculiar folkways of Congress.
- Their folkways, foods and fads are unfathomable to ordinary Americans.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!