Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(baptismal)pila bautismal feminine
- Stone water fonts are to be placed at the doors in Midfield Church.
- ‘The painting will hang in the Victorian baptistry behind the stone font which is a very fitting location,’ he said.
- Have on hand the baptismal font, pitcher of water, the Advent wreath and matches.
- A five-tonne font (a stone bowl in a church that holds water for baptism) in granite that was used by the prior is also on display.
- The sprinkler is filled with consecrated water from the baptismal font, which is drizzled onto the initiate during the ritual.
- With good reason, they had come to believe that the path to freedom ran through the baptismal font of the Reformed Church.
- Catholics symbolically carry on this tradition with holy water fonts at the entrances of their churches.
- Keep water in the font as a reminder of baptism.
- A holy water font salvaged from a church is work in progress.
- Out of sheer desperation I crawled down to the local church and threw myself in a font of holy water.
- This spring water was used in the font in the church to christen babies.
- She had installed crucifixes in various rooms in the home, and had placed a font containing holy water in the home.
- A granite stone holy water font was thrown into the river and about 100 years ago it was retrieved from the water and re-erected.
- At the appointed moment, we gathered round the ancient stone font to witness the baptism.
- The font, the church, the altar and the pulpit were all consecrated in turn and the ceremony ended with a Candlemass procession.
- In Dublin two years ago, some church fonts were removed when it was learned that drug users rinsed their syringes in the holy water.
- He wrote about wine and studied church architecture, making a particular study of 11 th century church fonts.
- Most fonts were made of stone, although other materials such as marble, lead, copper, and bronze were also used.
- The font was filled with water that seemed to be boiling.
- Members of the congregation renewed their baptismal vows and in response received a generous sprinkling of water from the huge font.
- And it's all in a teeny weeny eye-straining font.
- But as I watched the credits unfold I thought: I know that font.
- And I ultimately wound up changing nearly every font to different flavors of Arial, which yields a distressingly mundane appearance.
- In looking at the photocopies, he said, ‘I really felt we could not definitively say which font this is.’
- And I kinda liked your red crayon-scrawly powerpoints - what font is that?