The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
transitive verb force-fed, force-fed
1alimentar por la fuerza
- He would keep the upper one open sometimes; talking to me, watching me, force-feeding me bits of food.
- The mother made me literally force-feed him, shoving puréed food into his mouth as he cried piteously in feeble protest.
- But the cold-blooded insects were force-feeding him with the jail's evening meal - yuck!
- Eventually he learned to eat again, but until that happened I got to experience the wonder and joy of force-feeding a freaked-out cat.
- Shortly after Dr Ho came Dr John Olney at Washington University, who in 1969 injected and force-fed newborn mice with huge doses of up to four grams/kg bodyweight of MSG.
- Maybe I should start force-feeding her so she'll get fat and slow and perhaps nicer?
- In a protest against the British activities throughout Ireland, Ashe went on a hunger strike in Mountjoy Prison where the authorities attempted to force-feed him.
- Toddlers from the age of 18 months have a real surge of independence, and food can become a battleground, so resist the urge to force-feed your child.
- He force-fed the baby, struck her on the legs, hands and buttocks and made the 13-month-old stand unsupported for long periods of time to make her walk.
- Lee also force-fed three patients and shouted and screamed at colleagues and residents of Edenfield Nursing Home between 1985 and 1986.
- When I went on hunger strike to express my faith, they force-fed me.
- Independent monitoring groups said he was force-fed unidentified medicines.
- There's a whole series of videos chronicling what happens when he force-feeds his students homemade root beer, for god's sake!
- We ask those who force-feed geese and ducks to stop carrying out this abusive practice.
- Unwilling to release all the imprisoned suffragettes, the prison authorities force-fed these women on hunger strike.
- ‘For the most part, they put them in isolation and threaten to force-feed people,’ Kateel said.
- Even if someone force-feeds me Valium, even if I chase it with vodka, even if I'm punched in the face before takeoff, I remain petrified.
- By comparison, the current hunger strike - in which 12 of the 13 were being force-fed as of Friday - seems almost symbolic.
- The country's hospitals are full of women who were force-fed as children.
- Reports indicate he has been beaten and force-fed in custody.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!