The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
crema o pastel con almendras
- It's worth waiting the 15 minutes required for his chocolate Pithiviers, a crisp igloo shape of hot, thin puff pastry, filled with warm, soft bitter chocolate and almond frangipane, served with an elegant coffee bean sauce.
- A perfectly worthy, if dull, strudel tart cried out for a layer of seasonal apples or pears to complement its buttery pastry, almond frangipane and dry, crumbly topping.
- The pear and frangipane tart needed more pear, but its almond frangipane was moistly satisfying and its pastry had the almost sandy crumbliness which is the hallmark of good shortcrust.
- Her view is that frangipane originally meant a ‘cream’ flavoured simply with almond and used in the construction of various cakes; but later, by a natural extension, the confections made with the cream.
- This caught the imagination of the pastry cooks of the day, who created various pastry creams involving eggs, butter, flour and almonds which became known as frangipane.
- Bakewell tart, with a non-sweet pastry base, layer of strawberry jam and frangipane topping is a classic English tart loosely related to the less common but more historically interesting Bakewell Pudding.
- The apple, blackcurrant and elderflower smoothie sounded good, but far too healthy for me, as did the pear and almond frangipane tart.
- He urged me to try the day's fresh tart: pear poached in white wine with frangipane.
- It's hard to do justice to the succulence of the pears in light frangipane sponge, encased in triumphant, well-fired, crunchy pastry.
- Spread this almond frangipane mixture into the flan case, then dot cherries here and there over the top, pressing them into the frangipane.
- Cover with the frangipane (but don't fill to the brim) and cook until it has risen and turned golden.
- The pastry was delicately flaky, rich and buttery but not overwhelmingly so, and the frangipane was soft, flavorful and simply marvellous.
- Certain items like those filled with butter cream or frangipanes are less popular than they use to be.
- The feathered design of almond and chocolate frangipanes gives a flare to this seemingly simple dessert.
- This frangipane is basically equal parts almonds, sugar and butter held together with eggs.
- Spread the frangipane on the dough, keeping it 1 1/2 inches away from the edge.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!