The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of amigo
1.1(close acquaintance)amigo masculineamiga femininea friend of ours/my father('s)/the family — un amigo nuestro/de mi padre/de la familia
- she's no friend of mine — amiga mía no es
- he felt he was among friends — se sentía entre amigos
- they're staying with friends — están en casa de unos amigos
- her many friends — sus muchas amistades
- they've been friends for years — hace años que son amigos
- they're very close friends — son íntimos amigos
- I'm not friends with you any more! — ya no juego / no me junto más contigo
- to make a friend of sb — ganarse la amistad de algn
- any friend of yours is a friend of mine — tus amigos son mis amigos
- who goes there: friend or foe? — ¿quién vive?
- friend with benefits — amigo con ventaja
- This recipe comes from a close friend of mine with whom I worked when I was living in London.
- Make an effort to cultivate effective relationships with family, friends and colleagues
- He will be remembered with much affection by his family and close friends.
- He rendered a couple of poems to applause from the audience, most of whom were his friends and relatives.
- I just don't put enough effort into my relationships with my friends and family.
- Those were moments not to be missed, as so many relatives and family friends were present.
- On the second day, we went to visit a couple of family friends and a relative who are in mourning.
- The sincere sympathy of the community is extended to her family, relatives and friends on their loss.
- Jason was joined by family relatives and friends for a celebration party in Fallon's Bar.
- Their home was a very happy place, which family, relatives and friends loved to visit.
- Glenn nearly destroyed my future and relationships with friends and family.
- Many estate owners do not have family or friends whom they can confidently nominate in their estate plan.
- A lucky minority were housed with relatives or family friends who were already established in the UK.
- Family, relations and friends can be a source of help and comfort.
- They can also supplement an existing home care arrangement provided by family or close friends.
- NASA permits astronauts to take some souvenirs for their family and close friends.
- You stay with close friends and family and treasure a cozy feeling at home.
- Gerry celebrated the occasion with his family and close friends and a great night was had by all.
- He has been slowly rebuilding his life with the help of close friends and family.
- Rowly, as he was known to almost everyone, was a close friend to the Kennedy family.
- she's no friend of mine — amiga mía no es
1.2(supporter)amigo masculineamiga femininethe Friends of Kingston Hospital — la Asociación de Amigos del Hospital de Kingston
- But it might not now happen for another year, a member of Friends of East Park fears.
- The Friends of St Mary's Church was set up in 1998 to raise money to maintain the church.
- Part of the funds raised by the sale of the book will be donated to the Friends of St Peter's Church.
- Mrs Marigold Hibbert is a Friend of St Mary's Hospital in a small northern town.
- All funds raised from the event will assist the work of the Friends of the Koala.
- He also met representatives of English Heritage and spoke to some of the Friends of Victoria Baths.
- He also said the work was carried out after consulting the Friends of Rochdale Cemetery and visitors.
- The Friends of Healey Dell fear the move could put local wildlife at risk.
- He says the other way he hopes some of the Friends would be able to assist is through fundraising.
- The Friends will also be at the Dounby show to drum up some more support.
- The Friends of Roberts Park are currently looking at projects we can tackle.
- The new Hospital Garden, provided by the Friends this year, is being well used by patients.
- There is also an appeal for anyone who might join the Friends of St Andrew's.
- The Friends of Imber Church feel let down.
- Krause maintains that not everyone joins the Friends or stays a member for the same reason.
- The building's owners have now offered the Friends the opportunity to buy the Winter Gardens.
- Chairman of the Friends of the Museum and borough councillor John McCloy does not see a problem.
- Volunteers from the Friends of the Heritage Centre will also man the building.
- Mr Ritchie said the Friends would continue to campaign for a year round ban.
- Written by Elizabeth, chair of the Friends, it is the result of four years of teamwork by the committee.
1.3 euphemistic (lover)amigo masculine euphemisticamiga feminine euphemistic
2FriendReligioncuáquero masculinecuáquera femininethe Society of Friends — la Sociedad de los Amigos
- At the Society of Friends, he would put his arm around newcomers and encourage them into the group.
1agregar (a) amigosagregar (a) contactos
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!