Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1mosca de la fruta feminine
- To elucidate the cellular functions of NSF, we have chosen to use a genetic approach in the fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster.
- The first mutations of a single gene affecting the daily locomotion rhythm were found in the fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster.
- Hox genes were discovered through the study of the fruit fly.
- Increased levels of PKG have completely opposite effects in C. elegans compared to the fruit fly or honey bee.
- If you turn it on artificially in a fruit fly, in the antenna of the fruit fly, then the fruit fly will grow an eye in its antenna.
- The study, which paves the way for a new era of bee research, marks the third insect genome to be sequenced, after the fruit fly and the mosquito.
- When a fruit fly begins to mature from a juvenile larva into an adult, it is known as a pupa, like the one on the left.
- The reproductive system of the female fruit fly, as in humans, contains a reservoir of adult stem cells.
- In fact so similar is this gene, that pieces of the mammalian gene, when spliced into a fruit fly, will cause a wing to appear on the fly.
- Wormy fruit is the work of the currant fruit fly.
- This finding, say the researchers, indicates that inertia, and not friction, is the greater force for the fruit fly to overcome in the turn.
- In the fruit fly, there is a well-studied system that prevents transmission of one particular genotype to the next generation in appropriate genetic backgrounds.
- Previous evidence suggested that fruit flies and humans rely on the same genes to develop their auditory organs, which in the fruit fly is in the antenna.
- We found that mutations in small bristles affect several tissues during the development of the fruit fly.
- The fruit fly is among the most studied organisms in the world, because its genes can be easily examined and manipulated to simulate human genetics.
- It's been more than 20 years since researchers first genetically engineered an insect, the laboratory fruit fly.
- Morgan wanted to draw firm conclusions based on quantitative and analytical data and so set out to test their theories using the fruit fly as his subject.
- The researchers plan to identify genes that have helped the fruit flies adapt to these harsh conditions.
- Normally, the black cherry fruit fly will emerge 10 days to two weeks earlier than the cherry fruit fly.
- The reproductive potential of fruit flies is enormous; given the opportunity, they will lay about 500 eggs.