The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de fustán
1(fabric)fustán masculinobombasí masculino
- Some wore velvet jackets and fustian trousers.
- In the early nineteenth century, as earlier, most British working-class women made their families' clothes, from cotton calicoes for dresses and shirts, and from fustian for trousers and jackets.
- Apparel made of fustian, canvas, leather, and wool is always deemed appropriate for those of the ‘inferior sort’.
- The woven stripe fabric is a cotton-linen mixture, possibly a fabric known as fustian.
- It's dangerous to assume that we have to wrap Shakespeare up in fustian costumes.
- Also appearing in period dress and timeless fustian are Roy Scheider, Patrick Bergin, David Alan Grier, and Steven Bauer.
- And he showed them the object he had tucked into the belt that kept his robes of rough brown fustian from flapping in the breeze.
- As for the rest of the people, for the fustian weavers and the farmers in their small crofts, the argument about who ran the country - the King alone by God's appointment, or King in Parliament, was less important than earning a crust.
- But over time the demand for fustian died away and the trade ceased, as did the skill of grass-cutting.
- Most outer garments made of fustian were included among the garb of these people.
- These fabrics became affordable when duty on fustian was lifted in 1785.
- Trousers were still made of corduroy; or of moleskin (a cotton pile fabric with a weave based on that for satin); and jackets were still made of fustian.
2 literario(pomposity)rimbombancia femeninoprosopopeya femenino
- One of the champions of self-exposure is Henry James, who often stitches together a few scraps of dialog with acres of inner fustian.
- If you do, you are miles away from my opinion, for I hold that Homer no more dreamed of all this allegorical fustian than Ovid in his Metamorphoses dreamed of the Gospel.
- It reminds a reader that, unlike the surrounding fustian, this little piece of language is to be treated with reflective care.
- Without doubt the ranting fustian of men vying for a woman makes the threat seem laughable.
- There's no time for such sorry fustian in the world of the canny academic careerist.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!