The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Look for all-season fabrics like wool gabardine, cotton blends or rayon crepe.
- Authenticity is found in English herringbone, cotton gabardine and corduroy.
- The small size also allows us to observe textural differences, such as the distinction between wool gabardine and cotton shirting, without the substances becoming unduly associative.
- They are made of various fabrics (wool crepe, wool gabardine, cotton), but are all dry clean only.
- He had a light blue gabardine suit with very tight pants.
- Cut sections 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14 and 15 from wool gabardine along the fabric straight of grain.
- Look for classics updated in fabrics such as corduroy, wool woven in gabardine, herringbone and glen plaid.
- You may want a cleaner that is doing a lot of hand ironing and soft steaming as opposed to machine pressing, which is death to a fabric like gabardine.
- Although gabardine is a popular fabric, it is one that shines prematurely.
- Firm, stable fabrics such as melton and gabardine hold the cut edge shape with minimal staystitching.
- They were basically condemned to flowing tents and baggy ill-fitting gabardine outfits displayed in middle-class department stores.
- Once we entered the building, I just stared at all the fabric, completely awestruck by all the silk, wool, gabardine - whatever you could possibly want.
- Although my school days were spent wearing dredged-pond green gabardine, I'm now hugely relieved that I never felt any pressure to look good in the classroom.
- During World War II he acquired a government contract to manufacture covert and gabardine trousers.
- For daywear, I have used gabardine and crepe and for evening, there are vibrant silks and chiffon.
- The tanned, trim body was wearing a blue-and-white striped jersey with the sleeves pushed up and gabardine pants.
- I think price is an issue only when it's a basic replacement item, like a gabardine suit.
- So look for mid-weight gabardine and worsted wool, which are comfortable in all temperatures.
- Technology and the Internet are also taking interest away from the wonders of wool and gabardine, he said.
- A good worsted wool has nap or texture, is less subject to shine, and will wear longer than gabardine.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!