The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de electrizar
1.1(rouse)to galvanize sb (into sth/-ing) — impulsar a algn (a algo/+ inf)
- her threats galvanized him into action
- No sense of shock galvanizes the audience when we witness the details of her murder before he learns of it.
- As your job in the United Nations Humanitarian Agency, it's your job to galvanize the people, to get their attention, to get them to take the money out of their pocket.
- She could provide the required political leadership to galvanize her people, being the daughter of Indonesia's founding father.
- Frustration, disillusionment and above all a fear of the future began to galvanize people to write, question and think as they had not done before.
- Tales of ecological woe, no matter how well-founded in science, rarely galvanize people to action.
- He is hoping that going public will galvanize his fellow citizens.
- His genius though, is not only to mount a popular critique of industrial agriculture which resonates around the world, but to move on and build a viable, attractive alternative that galvanises people.
- To attempt to land troops in Venezuela would have galvanised the people of South America against the invaders, which would have been bad for its image and worse for its geopolitics.
- This is a pretty unsexy thing to say and is unlikely to galvanise people in the way that a call more ‘strong leaders’ will, but I still think it is a more important aim.
- It should galvanise people to participate, to make their views known through the ballot box.
- We feel certain that the campaign is helping to galvanise people into action.
- In the long run, we pay an even heavier price by galvanizing opponents bent on freeing themselves from what they perceive as elitist disrespect for democratic governance.
- It was both a new vehicle to galvanize followers and operating there meant fewer logistical difficulties since it was close by.
- The tool that Lady Macbeth uses to galvanize her husband into action is humiliation.
- This had the effect of galvanising the visitors, with the ball spinning confidently down the line, pinning the home side briefly back against their line.
- It came in 1990, undermining their magnanimity, but also galvanising me and my colleagues into human rights activism.
- The privatisation of state universities is galvanising students into action.
- He did the same for Ireland, galvanising a middling team into a team that was far greater than the sum of its parts.
- A perceived injustice, however real, galvanises him as much as anything that comes out of a bottle.
1.3galvanizing present participle(effect/performance) electrizante
2.2galvanized past participle(iron/sheeting) galvanizado
- The primary use of zinc is in galvanizing other metals, especially iron and steel.
- Zinc is used largely to galvanise iron and steel.
- Gutters on older homes may be wood, galvanized sheet metal, or copper.
- There are two primary ways that chain-link fabric is galvanized (coated with zinc).
- When working with redwood, always use top quality, hot dipped galvanized, stainless steel or aluminum hardware.
- The extensively used galvanized steel is durable, economical, and virtually maintenance free.
- Steel is galvanized, walls are fairfaced concrete block, and floors are concrete or asphalt.
- The floor is redwood, the supporting poles are of galvanized steel covered with split bamboo, and the back wall is covered with reed matting.
- As usual in this part of the country, roof coverings are galvanized corrugated steel.
- All residential fittings are made from a die cast aluminum or steel that has been galvanized.
- All wood components are treated with linen oil and all steel elements are galvanized.
- Even though galvanised iron was replacing some of the demand for slate, the quarries could barely keep up the supply.
- The desktop is galvanized sheet metal, a material that is handsome and weather-resistant.
- The unit is made of heavy galvanised metal and can stay submerged in a river or dam for long periods without any corrosion.
- Built of a strong timber-frame and wooden floors, the roofing was galvanized corrugated iron sheeting.
- Our medium-duty galvanized trash can is designed to provide years of reliable performance.
- Materials which slowly decompose at the temperature of the hot dip galvanising bath are suitable as frothing agents.
- In order to achieve the best finish, the article should be designed to fit inside the galvanising bath in a single dip.
- The galvanised tubular steel pallet provides the necessary space for ventilation between the tanks and the ground.
- Zinc metal used in the galvanizing process provides an impervious barrier between the steel substrate and corrosive elements in the atmosphere.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!