Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Those little red garnets you see in stores are usually pyrope garnets and green garnets are usually grossularite/grossular.
- Think of semi-precious stones such as garnets, topaz, amethyst, aquamarine as much for their range of hues as for the way they hold the light, infusing it with shimmering color.
- Again, it is assumed that readers know aquamarine is beryl, amethyst is quartz, and Iceland spar is calcite but cannot grapple with the complexity of remembering that spessartine and grossular are garnets.
- There are strings of garnets, opal, turquoise and onyx set in silver at the Jaipur stalls, lac bangles from Rajasthan, silver dipped in gold and even wooden Etikoppakka bangles coloured with vegetable dyes.
- She described star garnets from Emerald Creek, Idaho, as opaque.
- He said if exploited in the right way Zambia's great variety of gemstones that includes emeralds, amethyst, aquamarines, tourmalines and garnets offered great potential for poverty reduction.
- Sapphires, rubies, garnets, and emeralds are all perfectly acceptable, though.
- Emeralds, rubies, diamonds, blue sapphire, pearls, yellow sapphire, cat's eye, garnets, amethyst, jade, etc., are just some of the stones which are said to have healing properties.
- A fellow that he knows showed us a bucketful of aquamarines and two large garnets and then took us for a short walk to the pegmatites on his farm.
- Generally, there was a higher demand for yellow and pink tourmaline, as well as medium to deep blue aquamarine followed by amethyst and pinkish garnets.
- Rare earth element distributions in the zircons and garnets strongly suggest that the zircon overgrowths formed in equilibrium with garnet.
- On the crescents were rubies and garnets in diamond form and in round forms.
- In my next installment of News from Japan, I will be reporting on them as well as on a visit to Kyushu University to see the Ko collection and field trips to collect sakura ishi and rainbow garnets.
- Another coiffure ornament from the 1904 display, now vanished but shown in the center of Plate V, consisted of silver filigree, carnelians, garnets, and enamel blackberries and leaves.
- The spring 2005 collection features thin fourteen-karat-gold strands interlaced with small garnets, emeralds, pink tourmalines, and other stones.
- In contrast, garnets from Salida, Colorado, are only superficially altered.
- One of the rings on her left hand was set with red garnets and the ring on her right middle finger is unusual as it is cut in an S shape.
- The rocks here are composed of mica schist, and garnets are often found embedded in them.
- Another garnet, a mixture of pyrope and spessartine, is called malaya garnet in the gem trade.
- He also found particles of gemstones such as corundum, garnet, rutile, and argentite.