The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of liga
1.1(around calf, thigh)liga feminine
- Suave and a touch oily, the magician, all in black with a red-lined cape and red cummerbund, passes his hoop around a young woman in a black corset, garters and stockings who levitates within a shaft of light.
- To complement all of this, Cinders carries a wonderful range of accessories, shoes, veils, tiaras, feathers, stockings and garters.
- Common gifts were jewels, gloves, silk stockings, flowers, garters, handkerchiefs, and paperweights.
- Not for nothing is Alastair clad in the finest cloth, his plaid trimmed in gold, his stockings tied with silk garters.
- I'm also wearing a blue garter around my left thigh.
- A wireless transmitter is strapped in a garter to my inner thigh and a video rig is micro-contained inside horn-rimmed glasses.
- The stockings were held up with dark green garters at my knee.
- Do not wear stretch socks, nylon socks, socks with an elastic band or garter at the top, or socks with inside seams.
- Sheridan said: ‘This is the 21st century and we have got people running about in garters and tights and that just doesn't fit with the modern world.
- You can eat in a lovely little garden lit by fairy lights; the food's served by Thai waitresses, who wear long silk skirts but have pistols in their garters.
- The tall blonde lifted her skirts to reveal a small pistol fitted to her garter.
- She wore cream colored stockings held up with garters from her corset.
- Olivia could only laugh as she hooked her stockings onto the garters.
- In the practice room, Kirby had changed into a satin corset with garters that held up ivory stockings.
- Then they rolled up the thigh high stockings and connected them to the garters.
- Underneath the skirt were two garters that were attached to a lace band around each leg, and she wore two gold bands similar to the ones she wore now, only more ornate, on her wrists.
1.2US (on belt, girdle)liga feminine
1.3(around arm)liga feminine
- He had a handle bar mustache and still wore garters on his sleeves.
2(in UK)the Order/a Knight of the Garter — la orden de/un caballero de la orden de la Jarretera
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!