Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1banda gástrica feminine
- Individuals with chronic weight problems will be offered operations like gastric band surgery in a bid to halt the obesity epidemic in the town.
- The adjustable gastric band is a useful technique to reduce the intake of food by an individual.
- She has revealed that she once asked a doctor to give her a gastric band to help her lose weight.
- He has been nicknamed the "fat doctor" because of the thousands of gastric bypasses and gastric band operations he has performed.
- A woman lost almost 4 st in weight after she was hypnotised into believing she had had a gastric band fitted.
- Well, it turns out that her weight loss was due to secret gastric band surgery.
- He was on a waiting list for a gastric band last year, but a heart condition made the operation unsuitable.
- The gastric band, which is adjustable and reversible if medically indicated, is placed laparoscopically and does not alter the normal anatomy.
- Fern Britton, presenter of This Morning on ITV, dropped from a size 22 to a size 16 after having gastric band surgery
- The ability to place a gastric band laparoscopically decreases the invasiveness of the procedure, resulting in fewer postoperative complications, shorter hospitalization, and quicker recovery time for patients.
- Gastric band surgery should be available on the NHS - but only as a last resort
- And then there are others who, after undergoing gastric band surgery, have simply transferred their addiction to food to other substances, such as alcohol.
- "People reach a certain size and there is no other option but to have surgery and unlike, plastic surgery, a gastric band can give significant health benefits," he said.
- In extreme cases people could be offered slimming drugs or operations to help them lose weight such as gastric-band surgery, the BFS said.