The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de guarda
1guarda masculino, femeninoguardián masculinoguardiana femenino
- To use it, the gateman had to lower the gates while he left the tower.
- The umpires, linesmen and gatemen and ‘everyone else’ were thanked too while the faithful supporters were not forgotten either.
- The device will warn road users and gatemen of the approaching train by emitting a siren and through flashing lights.
- With a glance over her shoulder, as the horse pounded forward without needing to be led, she could see two of the bumbling gatemen running after her while the other pair ran to the stables for horses.
- Charlie, our gateman, was always happy to talk to me.
- If a worker wants to take home any glass, tin, nails or wood, all he has to do is to get a slip foreman and the gateman or big boss won't say a word.
- Hidden in the shadows of the gate tower, the gatekeeper pushed the huge gate open.
- Ali, however, was on good terms, both with the gatekeepers and the guards, both of whom hailed and harangued him in a friendly manner as he stopped briefly to speak with them.
- Proponents argue that poorly educated, trained, and paid workers are inadequate gatekeepers for airline security.
- The gatekeeper nodded, and admitted them through the gate.
- According to school staff, the gatekeeper was 51 and had been employed at the nursery on a temporary basis over the past two years.
- He trotted up to a tiny red booth adjacent to the gate and spoke to the gatekeeper, a tiny woman with dyed green hair.
- Giving her appearance a final check-over she strode up to the gate, eyes narrowed when the gatekeepers slid out of their posts to meet her.
- When the litigant eventually asks the gatekeeper why no one else has sought admission, the gatekeeper provides an explanation.
- Her mother arrived at her side just as the gatekeeper swung the large wrought-iron gates into place.
- The guard nodded to the old gatekeeper, who set to work hefting the chains that would raise the small portcullis that now blocked the way out into the city.
- Four uniformed guards stood outside a small gatekeeper's hut to the left of the road a few yards from the entrance to the fortress.
- The gatekeeper was sitting in a chair, fast asleep.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!