The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of geisha
- Experience traditional Japanese culture in this city and in its Gion district, where the exquisite geishas are trained.
- The 11-year-old had tried out her hand in drawing two Japanese geishas.
- The sun was shining, the geishas were dancing and the crowds were maddening.
- To better understand the role geishas occupy in Japanese society, she became one, the only non-Japanese woman to do so.
- Of all the operas that end in personal tragedy, none is more heartbreaking than the story of a Japanese geisha who renounces her native culture for the love of a feckless American sailor.
- The Japanese geisha waits for her American navy husband's return.
- Many Chinese are distrustful of her success in the West and suspicious that she is playing a Japanese geisha in a big Hollywood film.
- Then someone told her he'd seen the play and had a flashing vision of a Japanese geisha in a similar garden setting.
- The country conjured by this show could not be further from yesterday's Western stereotype of Japan as a land of languid Zen gardens, impeccably trained geishas and flower arranging elevated to the status of high art.
- For centuries Japanese geishas have used processed bird droppings to lighten and smooth their skin.
- Thus from the beginning there was always a firm distinction - in theory, at least - between the courtesans, who had a monopoly on sex, and the geisha, whose job was to entertain.
- It tells the story of a girl's life as a geisha that is full of struggle but with a happy ending.
- The friendly owner tells us about the wooden combmakers of Narai, who once fashioned intricate little combs for the geishas of Kyoto.
- And herein lies the paradox, and possibly the geishas ' demise.
- Well, not to be outdone, Tokyo has what you might call guardian geishas.
- He seems to be a huge fan of geishas, as they seem to turn up in some form or another in the majority of his videos.
- Even if I end up walking around like a geisha girl I will live to tell the tale that they are the most comfortable sandals ever.
- The point is not that he was, but that the geisha can make the dullest, most unattractive, paunchy, middle-aged office worker feel that he is the sexiest man alive.
- It's exactly the same attitude, despite all the fascination heaped on them, that people had towards the geisha in Japan.
- Meanwhile in Japan, a geisha is made pregnant by an abusive Englishman, who abandons her.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!