The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of castrar
- Mules and hinnies are virtually always sterile, but male mules should be gelded to keep them tractable.
- No fillies were in the sale, and unless a horse has a top stallion pedigree, the Jockey Club gelds the horses before they go through the sale.
- This horse is gelded, and will leave us all in peace.
- The horse was gelded but chipped his knee as a three year old, missed a lot of racing, and changed trainers.
- Grabbing my arm, she began muttering an incantation that sounded a bit too similar to the one with which I had seen her geld a horse.
- The horse was gelded during the foot and mouth.
- Honoring Spanish custom, stallions are never gelded, long manes and tails are never clipped on the stallions, and the mares' tails are clipped in a fashion that tells age and status.
- The foreign gentlemen called their pet horses after them, and so fast and strong were they that every other male horse in England was gelded or turned into dogmeat, and only the trio were allowed anywhere near a mare.
- He reacted as if it were an amiable proposal that he should visit the vet and be gelded.
- Since I turned him over to Steve, and since he was gelded, this horse has done very well.
- Unless the horse has a strong stallion pedigree, he is gelded.
- An improved horse since being gelded in mid-season, it has run two cracking races since.
- But whatever happens on Saturday, it will keep racing: since the horse has been gelded, there is obviously no potential for lucrative stud fees.
- The seven-year-old has been a reformed character since being gelded last summer, winning valuable handicap hurdle races at Cheltenham and Newbury on his last two outings.
- We always thought he was a good horse but we gelded him last year and it knocked him back and it has taken him until this year to come back.
- Retired to stud at the conclusion of the 1998 season, he was later gelded when he failed to sire any foals.
- Unusually, he was an entire horse, who had not been gelded.
- In what was at first thought to be stunning news from Europe, the horse is to be gelded and will embark on a new career in steeplechasing, not the breeding shed.
- We gelded him through the winter and he's come back in terrific form.
- He was gelded after a promising two-year-old campaign in which he won one of five starts and finished second three times.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!