Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1célula germen feminine
- Male identity would be a cell-autonomous decision entirely independent of the sexual identity of the soma but dependent upon the number of X chromosomes in the germ cell.
- Mutated DNA can only be passed to the next generation if it is present in a germ cell such as spermatozoa and ova, each of which contribute half of the DNA of the new organism.
- A mature male or female germ cell usually possessing a haploid chromosome set is capable of initiating formation of a new diploid individual by fusion with a gamete of the opposite sex.
- The population has experienced an expansion from a few copies in the single germ cell, and a distribution skewed toward more molecules having several mutations may be expected.
- A majority of the strains examined contained one insertion and the highest number of insertions that occurred in a single germ cell was seven.