The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1Politics(state/district) (para beneficiar a un partido) dividir injustamente
- A gerrymandered election does not make for a democracy.
- He said the party had impoverished its supporters and predicted that they would turn against the ruling party, no matter how the constituency boundaries were gerrymandered.
- Politicians have come to see manipulation of the vote much as they see gerrymandering boundaries of voting districts - all part of the electoral game.
- If anything, it reinforced perceptions that the board and the ANC were simply gerrymandering provincial boundaries to suit short-term political ends.
- With the electoral boundaries gerrymandered in parallel, many nationalist council majorities were wiped out.
- In the last elections, the ruling family shamelessly gerrymandered electoral districts.
- They are not in a position where they can gerrymander constituencies.
- He gerrymandered electoral districts in order to control the results and sought to regulate the press.
- States using an independent approach produced more than twice as many competitive races for state legislatures than did gerrymandered states.
- Another issue that has caused problems between Congress and the White House has been gerrymandering and the mal-apportionment of Congressional constituencies.
- Republicans dominate the Ohio legislature thanks to a heavily gerrymandered crazy quilt of rigged districts, and to a moribund Ohio Democratic party.
- The rich and powerful in this country manipulate elections, and gerrymander voting districts.
- I sure wish I could agree with your prediction but America has been gerrymandered into easily predictable red or blue districts.
- Mercifully, the official exhibition was not gerrymandered into national sections or pretentiously titled thematic subdivisions.
- The only reason U.S. Senate seats stayed competitive is that the politicians cannot gerrymander state lines.
- Texas political operatives pointed out that five Democratic representatives are fighting for their lives in new districts gerrymandered by the GOP.
- There has been a lot of gerrymandering of the constituency boundaries.
- We will cut any tax, grease any campaign contributor and gerrymander any state to advance the cause of a Republican congressional majority.
- When a newspaper company owns a cluster, it will likely gerrymander circulation areas and eliminate overlapping areas of circulation.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!