Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1antro masculine informaltugurio masculine
- I usually had to argue, cajole, persuade, and, as a last resort, grovel, to get my dad to take me with him to the neighborhood gin mill, to watch the Friday Night Fights on TV.
- ‘You couldn't walk a block without a gin mill,’ he recalls.
- Eight years later he found himself living at the home of a waitress who served at the gin mill he frequented.
- You'll meet cruising sailors from all over the world, a few ex-pats who now run some very cool gin mills, and lots of friendly locals with some excellent stories to tell.
- The lad grew up and discovered in gin mills that he had real talent for bar fights.