Learn English Grammar From A–Z
nounplural ginkgos, plural ginkgoes
1ginkgo (biloba) masculine
- Investigators have suggested that these fossils represent new growth from cycads, deciduous trees, ginkgos and, most commonly, conifer trees.
- On land, the vegetation generally consisted of conifers, cycads, ginkgos, ferns and horsetails.
- Plant life consisted mainly of ferns and seed-ferns, with new plants like conifers and ginkgos coming into prominence.
- Many of the plants are endangered species, including the dove tree and the ginkgo.
- The scientists analysed fossils of gingkoes and ferns that were growing at the time to estimate the amount of carbon dioxide that was in the air.