The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de glutinoso
- Whereas in central and southern Thailand polished white rice is eaten, in the north and northeast people eat glutinous or sticky rice.
- A type of rice grown in the Far East known as glutinous or sticky rice contains no proteinatious gluten and owes its sticky nature to a waxy carbohydrate.
- The texture is very strange - gloppy, gooey, glutinous, and not that easy to manage with chopsticks.
- Mochi is a glutinous rice coating; if you've ever tried Thai sticky rice, it kind of tastes like that (without the coconut flavor) and the consistency is closer to gummy bears.
- And if you try scooping it up and setting it alight, you end up with a field full of eco-mentalists complaining about the smoke and a sticky glutinous stain.
- And for that super glutinous thickened stew texture I added a couple of teaspoons of flour.
- The rice was light and fluffy and not sticky or glutinous in any way, coming straight from the ever-present rice cooker.
- The staple food of the Lao is sticky rice, also known as glutinous rice or sweet rice.
- It was a good day to be hawking food, with visitors relishing everything from Betawi kerak telor (a crunchy snack made of glutinous rice with egg) to pizzas laden with toppings.
- Using soil mixed with lime, sand, polished glutinous rice, sugar, bamboo and wood, people put the materials through complex processing, then used them to make the buildings.
- A wide assortment of dim sum selections for lunch include shrimp spring rolls, steamed glutinous rice with dried scallops wrapped in lotus leaves and chilled red bean cake with coconut milk.
- Giant carp control the lake, wallowing, complacent, feed on glutinous rice, silvery ancients reminding how scales and fish-slime outlast dynasties.
- The restaurant also provides traditional dim sum, such as date paste shortbread and shaomai - the steamed buns stuffed with glutinous rice, diced meat and mushroom.
- Some consumers prefer to eat durian by itself but others prefer to consume it with glutinous rice and lemang (steamed grated cassava and coconut with palm sugar).
- With two workers in each group, the teams carry basketfuls of glutinous rice, which has already been soaked, to the workshop and its four cookers, where the rice is steamed.
- The most common dishes in Shanghai at that time would have included soy buds, meat balls, cabbage, chicken, Kow-Fu and glutinous rice dumplings.
- The fat crab with rich meat and roe is stir-fried with curry, and served with steamed Thai rice, glutinous rice, bacon, carrot, onion and chili.
- Mom's cooking glutinous rice balls in the kitchen.
- Never mind that you have no idea what Chinese glutinous rice tastes like, or whether it would taste good to use scrambled eggs instead of nori as a wrapper.
- The desserts are mainly made of rice, such as sweet rice cakes and glutinous rice balls with coconut milk, all placed on a green leaf to absorb the light fragrance.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!