The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de jerigonza
- The commentary became technical and aeronautical gobbledygook, but it was quite exciting.
- The language may sound like gobbledegook but according to the council ‘although the wording may not be obvious to some people, the specialists we seek will fully understand the terminology’.
- He waged war against the mountains of unintelligible gobbledygook that is regularly dumped on schools by government bureaucrats.
- It took me many minutes to understand that the inside cover photos are mislabeled, and that the front photos are cited as being in the back; worse, that their captions will be technical gobbledegook to most readers.
- The ceremony also includes the dreaded Golden Bull booby prizes for the year's most baffling gobbledygook.
- Setting aside all the actuarial and financial gobbledegook, the basic idea was that the boomers and others would start paying not only their own taxes but also advance paying to cover the costs of their own retirement.
- It is one of a torrent of jargon words, phrases, clichés and bureaucratic gobbledygook that have grown to clutter our language, and which were highlighted last week by the Plain English Campaign.
- Nonetheless, I think it's worth examining, because Sebastian's parsing of its meaning is such pure gobbledygook.
- In a bumper year for the awards, the campaign has nominated a record 11 winners for the award nobody wants - noting an alarming rise in gobbledygook and gibberish.
- ‘When you apply the supposed key, it turns out to be total nonsense and gobbledygook,’ said Coe.
- As I say, there's a lot of jargon and bureaucratic gobbledygook here.
- Sometimes the girls tried to read them, but they were all in jargon, or gobbledygook.
- Language is always interesting, whether we are talking about crumbling grammar, the abbreviated sub-language of e-mail and text messages on mobile phones, modern gobbledegook, or using the English language as a nationality test.
- But I think younger people always like to have what they think is a secret language, something that is gobbledegook to adults.
- They were tired of the double-speak and gobbledygook.
- That is doublespeak, political gobbledygook.
- Dad spoke gobbledegook, Grandma spoke gobbledegook, as did Dad's brother and his sons.
- While these 1s and 0s may seem like gobbledygook to the average human, it is the language that CD and DVD players understand.
- After all, very few Americans have a second language so everyone except the Brits is talking gobbledygook, right?
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!