The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(region/person/people) dejado de la mano de Dios(town) de mala muerte informal
- We may be in a godforsaken backwater, and this may be a tent, but it is my operations center, and I will have silence.
- Though I am probably not much loved there, I shall curb my ire and allow the godforsaken alkali desert of California to become a state.
- Nothing goes right for me anymore since I started reviewing this godforsaken Gobi desert of a record album, dammit.
- Even the tourist literature has a tough job convincing visitors that there is more to this godforsaken place than the world's most famous golf course.
- Next morning we strolled, unwashed, along the desolate shoreline of this godforsaken place called Na'ama Bay.
- My professor, from Pittsburgh, thought that I had just abandoned the character to the most godforsaken spot on Earth.
- While travelling through that godforsaken country in the hope of turning the fruit of my loins into something vaguely resembling a man, I was unable to shake an insatiable hunger for biltong.
- But stuck in their godforsaken corner of the world, none of them know what the hell is going on and the first shot after the credits shows a line of men on a craggy ridge holding up TV antennas to no avail.
- As if this freezing bunker on this godforsaken heath, the 18-hour days, the crawling about in the mud and route marches weren't bad enough, he's brought his own weights with him.
- By the time I got home again I could afford to spend 55 minutes reinstalling my godforsaken operating system which was more or less all it took, I think.
- Their excitability every time a Briton comes a pathetic eighth in some godforsaken sport suggests that urine samples should be taken at once - not from the competitors but from the presenters.
- He's agreed to ‘sort something out’ so I'll be seeing him in a couple of weeks when he can get up to Manchester from whichever godforsaken part of the country he normally hides.
- Pitcairn looks to be such a godforsaken and boring place - there isn't even a sandy beach, let alone a palm tree - it's hardly surprising they had to make their own fun.
- But if you are an oilfield fitter in some godforsaken Siberian driller camp and your wages aren't being paid, owning a few hundred shares in the refinery is a bit of an abstract concept.
- This guy looks nice enough, and he'll probably make this godforsaken trip bearable.
- You see, not only do these five godforsaken months of permanent darkness and sub-arctic temperatures mess with my mental stability, they also make me fat.
- Lina, with her long black coat and trousers, stands like a villain in a spaghetti western in front of an unusually squalid shooting stall at some godforsaken Moscow amusement arcade.
- We spent more of our time playing table tennis in some godforsaken suburban basement than we did sightseeing in the centre of the capital, which seemed a completely wasted opportunity.
- I was like ‘Ok - not like I wanna be out in this godforsaken heat today anyway!’
- He has that deeply-lined face, he's from one of the godforsaken states where they have ‘northers’.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!