Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(in US)(jurado que decide si hay suficientes pruebas para procesar) jurado de acusación masculine
- After he turned down the plea bargain, a grand jury indicted Webb on fourth degree criminal contempt.
- He was indicted by a federal grand jury on illegal gun possession charges.
- Four grand juries examined the case without returning an indictment.
- A federal judge officially convenes both types of grand juries, though a prosecutor (someone from a U.S. Attorney's office) actually conducts the proceedings.
- There was talk of empaneling a grand jury to go over some of that evidence.