The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de lucha
1to grapple (with sb/sth) — forcejear (con algn/algo)
— luchar / lidiar (con algo)
- He is already grappling with the difficulty of converting diplomatic rhetoric into actual money.
- The Prime Minister immediately set about grappling with the challenge of investigating the bombings.
- In the course of telling aspirin's story Jeffrey engagingly grapples with challenging questions about the nature of innovation and the impact of commercial rivalry on scientific advancement.
- Every song grapples with issues surrounding the struggle for social justice.
- Each one of them worked up a long essay which, over a couple of terms, grappled with challenging ideas about the texts they had been reading.
- Earlier engineers had grappled with the difficulties of entering the bay.
- Maybe his struggle to grapple with limited resources is handicapped by his players' indifference.
- As political leaders and scientists grapple with such enormous challenges, one thing is clear.
- When you're infamous, it's hard to grapple with the difficulties of notoriety.
- But now, its chief executive faces growing challenges as the retailer grapples with a midlife crisis.
- We need to grapple with these difficulties with an expert panel and work out solutions to them and proceed towards them.
- Reflecting back, our nation has a proud history of grappling with difficult issues.
- The two sides were grappling with very difficult issues that have divided them for over 50 years.
- This is not a party political issue as all politicians the length and breadth of the country are grappling with this difficult issue.
- Nevertheless, it was timely and puts us ahead of the pack in terms of grappling with these difficult issues.
- The meaning of life and the struggle for power are aspects our society still grapples with as we enter into the new millennium.
- Many others grappled with the even more daunting challenges of rural communalism.
- I wanted the film to have a new challenge, to be a new story to grapple with.
- But, with respect, it certainly grapples with some of the difficult matters that this case raises and I bring it to your Honours' attention.
- In various jurisdictions the law has grappled with these contending policy considerations using a variety of legal tools.
- The pair grappled and wrestled and Smith then left the matter, only for the brawl to erupt again shortly afterwards.
- Here, the players grappled like bears and fought like tigers to stay on their feet.
- I just always loved fighting and grappling, so I got in the ring.
- Lydia looked around desperately for another weapon as they grappled on the ground, Boris having the advantage of size but still groggy from the large lump on his skull.
- I yelped as we grappled and I struggled for dominance, Jonny got lucky and landed on top of me and since he was heavier and stronger he was pretty much in control.
- Birds grappled and fell, fighting, to the ground, where we could see and hear them flapping and pecking one another in the leaf litter.
- The Captain closed the distance and the two grappled in a two-handed Indian wrestling stance.
- Holding each other by the elbows like wrestlers ready to grapple, the two men exchanged pleasantries.
- The two of them then grappled and fell on to the sofa but during the struggle he grabbed the purse and fled.
- Within moments, both were grappling and rolling on the ground, struggling for dominance.
- They even punched and grappled and ducked occasionally, fiercely and physically fighting him off in whatever way they could.
- The startled barbarian grappled reflexively, neglecting the weapons that hung at his waist.
- These techniques taught the samurai how to grapple when wearing armor and struggling with an opponent wearing armor.
- The fight featured almost as much wrestling as boxing as the two men grappled and pushed, especially in the first few rounds.
- He was especially skilled in the American style of ‘holding and hitting’ and was capable of frustrating aggressive opponents by repeated clinching and grappling.
- And now she has admitted having a catfight with her housekeeper in which both women ended up rolling around on the floor, grappling and screaming.
- The two of them are best pals but that day they were like a couple of schoolboys grappling for the ball and it got a bit heated but afterwards Billy came into the office and we all had a really good laugh about it.
- The two men fell to the floor and started grappling.
- The men lose their temper and start grappling while the crowd boos.
- The fighters are grappling on the floor, tearing at each other, screaming abuse and growling like animals.
1(physical) lucha femenino(mental) batalla femenino
- Over 40 separate maneuvers are available to The Hulk via his combat system, which consists of a number of punches, jumps, and grapples.
- Over time, Kang learns new fighting techniques, including grapples and disarming, as well as stunt-driving maneuvers.
- These grapple types are performed by pressing up, down, left or right in conjunction with an attack button, making for 16 grapples per wrestler.
- The combat itself flows extremely well - the characters often look like they're dancing as they weave in and out of one another's grapples, roundhouse kicks and uppercuts.
- The attacks at your disposal are also limited to a mixture of punches, kicks, grapples, and a few special moves.
- We're quite proud of the grapple system - you're able to do anything from body slams to arm twists and throws - you name it.
- These moves are initially used in combos to set up one of four grappling moves: a quick grapple, a strong grapple, a submission grapple or a specialty grapple.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!