Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Once again bears had been at the depot, and the tent, poles, groundsheets, cooking pot, and primus were all missing.
- The groundsheet was spread out below the hedge and the greenery was hit with the pole, the berries falling to the sacking.
- He hoisted a heavy, laden pack onto his back, closed up the skiff, and bore a groundsheet and heavy sleeping-bag in his arms.
- Large drops of rain began to fall, and they laid groundsheets and put up their oilskin tents.
- Front line dugouts ranged from small ‘funk-holes’ scooped into the sides of trenches and walled with wood, corrugated iron, or groundsheets, to larger, deeper structures with several rooms and rudimentary furniture.