The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(nonsense)tonterías feminineparidas feminine Spain informal
- Trust me, these ‘get rich quick’ ads are pure bull, guff and hogwash!
- It will be an alternative to the usual football, guff and nonsense.
- All this guff and nonsense does is reinforce the conviction that the City of York Council does not give a stuff if there is a football club in the city.
- In most aircraft safety guff, the instructions for smashing into the earth are pretty clear: simply sit in the brace position beaming euphorically, never forgetting that you might also need to grip a euphoric child or infant.
- All this kind of music about energy is the best thing that ministers in Canada seem to be able to think up to kind of sing, to show the Canadian public that they're concerned, they're not going to put up with this guff from the United States.
- At this point, readers might say to themselves, ‘Well, this is all plain common sense and simple rational process anyway, so why bother with all this postmodern guff?’
- Then again, if you subtract all that guff about the complacent bourgeoisie, maybe the scene means nothing more than ‘Ew, gross!’
- But no-one wants that guff, they want narrative.
- Artists in many fields collaborate, as painters did in the Renaissance, before there was any guff about the artist as transcendent, solitary genius.
- I know you are busy and have to make a living but you do seem to take a lot of guff from people on your blog and you are spending more time defending your self even though you are only raising questions to get us to think.
- Instead, what we're hearing is a lot of revisionist guff about 30 years of brave and loyal service. History, of course, will reflect the truth.
- If you want to put him on your web site that is a business decision for you, but if you put the sort of guff he has written in newspapers into your subscription email I will probably unsubscribe.
- And while this particular statement may lack the torturous semantics of its predecessors, it still adds up to in-your-face guff.
- The rest were rabbiting on about share prices, company takeovers, fashion accessories, holiday destinations or some such guff.
- What a load of unmitigated, unadulterated self-serving guff.
- That is a far cry from pub guff and nods and winks.
- The way she has her baseball cap pulled down, you know she's serious about her basketball, you know she doesn't want any guff.
- There is a lot of guff and jargon surrounding this issue.
- Despite my flimsy belief system, though, something told me not to mess around with this sort of thing, even though I knew it was all guff.
- You're going to get a lot of guff from readers who actually follow the link to that review and see how glibly dismissive it is.
2US(insolent talk)impertinencias feminine
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!