The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(of ax, knife) mango masculine(of sword) empuñadura feminine
- Tips remained in their natural form and were made into handles or hafts.
- Slowly, Joshua placed both his hands on the haft of the spear, just above the point, and pushed upward.
- The multiple notches may also represent hafting adjustments, for example, as the result of tool breakage or attempts to balance hafts.
- As long as the pressure is applied in a forward direction, the tip is secure in the haft.
- Its length is approximately 35 mm and the haft width is about 15 mm.
- She made a pillow of her cloak and laid her own knife under it with the haft sticking out below her chin.
- Well worn leather was braided around the haft to make a comfortable grip.
- The knife sported an obsidian blade mounted to a bone haft, the edge still viciously sharp even after years of storage.
- The hafts of the smaller axes were between 60-90 cm long with a blade about 7.5-150 cm wide.
- Sprinting up the slope, Amy whirled the spear above her head, and just when she reached the pair, got a hold of the haft with both hands, and delivered a blow directed right at the back of Ashley's head.
- Cutouts in the central blade and the flats of the axe blades gave the weapon a lethal, even vicious look while reducing the mass of the larger blade to match its smaller twin on the opposite end of the haft.
- His hands were steady upon the haft of his lance.
- Before the scythe could get halfway through its arc, the void-sword was flashing through the air, severing the long haft of the farm tool.
- Caidryn stares at the broken haft in her hand and cries even harder.
- The ant lunged at him, its mandibles clamping down on the haft of the ax.
- His spear standing proud as it bit its head deep into the dirt, the haft glowing ominously in a color not usually associated with wood.
- Just as he lifted the heavy haft of the axe-handle above his head, two women entered the clearing he was working in.
- It seems that the head of my axe has loosened from its haft.
- She ducked its lethal blade, then latched a grip on the weapon's long haft.
- The knife second from the right, with its elaborate carved ivory haft, exemplifies a small but distinguished group of carved handles found on cutlery from several European countries.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!